• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked I'm a 99%er. Which Nebraska fan are you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear I almost always root for the huskers. I rooted against the huskers one time but that was bc my step brother was playing for the other team. I'm not going to root against Nebraska just bc i dont like their coaching staff.

But yeah Pelini has lost me. It would take some big wins for me to believe in him again.

You rooted against the Huskers, because your step brother played on the other team? Really? I don't care if my children played on the other team, I would never, ever root against The Big Red!!! :(

Last edited:

I cheer the players. I actually think we have talent. I think they are put in no win situations. Case in point read *** analysis of what the coaches expected Gerry to do in the second half of UCLA. Ridiculous. There is a lot of young talent and I will cheer for them. If you think we are stupid about a loss go down to Alabama and see how many people want to fire a coach who loses the iron bowl. If you can't take criticism than don't take a high profile job.

Last edited:
I think it is abundantly clear I am a 99er.

I just wish this board was made up of less 1%ers. Is there any other place that doesn't get so down on their team?

The amount of hate Taylor Martinez has taken is astounding to me. People who hate on him should be ashamed to be Nebraskans. We are supposed to be nice people.

Hate? No, not I! I didn't like the way he played, for the most part, last Saturday. My wife cringes when he plays. She is a native-born Husker, and it kills her to see him get in there like a deer in the headlights, whenever the pressure increases! No, there is no hate.

Why is it unfathomable to some that criticism can come with complete support of the team, coaches included? Look, I'd love to be wrong about the staff. I want them to shut us up, go 5-0 and get to the B1G championship. I want Pelini to be horrendously successful. I like him as a person. I may see the writing on the wall, but the support is unquestionably deep.

But ignoring the current results, in relation to the past, is not anti-husker.

"So let it be written, so let it be done"!! Well said, jikastew! :clap:

Hate? No, not I! I didn't like the way he played, for the most part, last Saturday. My wife cringes when he plays. She is a native-born Husker, and it kills her to see him get in there like a deer in the headlights, whenever the pressure increases! No, there is no hate.

We'll put! I have no animosity toward Taylor. Quite the contrary, while I don't think he should be the starter, I definitely respect what he has accomplished. I'm pretty sure I'd be in a wheelchair if I had absorbed a quarter of the wicked shots he's taken! That kid gets regularly planted every Saturday! He's got heart and is tough as hell!

I think it's great to discuss plays, game plans, best players etc. I'm just not one to blame individuals or call for coaches heads everytime we lose or have a bad game. I have stood and clapped for our team when they got on the bus after a loss. Could You look into their eyes and say what some say here. All I ever saw was pain and sadness in their eyes as they got on the bus. There would be a lot of fat lips given out if you tried to talk about them to their faces. IMO.

+100

I think it's great to discuss plays, game plans, best players etc. I'm just not one to blame individuals or call for coaches heads everytime we lose or have a bad game. I have stood and clapped for our team when they got on the bus after a loss. Could You look into their eyes and say what some say here. All I ever saw was pain and sadness in their eyes as they got on the bus. There would be a lot of fat lips given out if you tried to talk about them to their faces. IMO.

Hey Lummox, I'm a Husker fan from another country and have no ties to Nebraska. I'm coming down this weekend and can't wait to sip on a nice red beer Saturday mourning and enjoy a beautiful sunny fall day in Lincoln. Sure I was upset with the loss Saturday but I was over it the next day. I've been following the Red Machine since '71 and remember years when Dr Tom had some rough patches but with me it was forgotten the next day and always looked forward to the next weekend. I'm with you on not blaming, particularly players. DO NOT BOO college players!! Even the coaches have my respect, they hurt as much as anyone when they lose. Do some people believe they don't care?? If changes are to be made, they will be made by the AD because he believes it is time to go in a different direction, not because someone on the internet say's it's time for change. I will continue to support the Huskers and you can't beat the down to earth people you encounter on game day. GBR and beat Northwestern!!

Really. I think respect and decency is important. One has to know their limits. That said, ss I write this I am listening to Rob Zatechka talking about the huge problems with both PLAYERS and coaches. He names the people he is seeing problems with. It is broadcast on the air. I suppose he is another bad fan (and highly doubt anyone would attempt to give him a "fat lip").

I played ball with Rob back in the day. I never said that anyone has to be the same as me. I just followed up the story about Bo saying that 99% of Nebraska act the way the guys clapping did getting on the bus. Rob is a friend and I respect his opinion. It's part of his show to talk about what needs to be fixed. I can not like what is happening on the field and give my displeasure at anytime, I just don't go where some people have taken this.

If you had called out the **************** who say and tweet personal attacks against players, and coaches, and coaches families - remember Cosgrove? - I would be right there with you. Those people are the one percent. The only person I am at all disappointed in at this point is Bo Pelini, and I would be civil to him face to face, and am generally so to him on this board. I would never, ever say something negative to a player. And I would have clapped for the team getting on the bus and said encouraging things. I think almost all of us on this message board would do the same.

People who are abusive to these coaches and players in person deserve their own special place in hell. I agree with you on that.

Last edited:
I wasn't really expecting this thread to go where it ended up. I stayed away from it to see what everyone's responses were. I have never called anyone out on this board before and this wasn't one either. My only intention was to state what I was and see who agreed with me. I get great humor, insight, and frustration from what gets put on this board. Please continue to post your feelings about everything you want to. No one would check this place out if it was boring.

Just because I say how I feel, shouldn't be taken as hate towards opposing views. This isn't an "I am a better fan than anyone thread", it's just me stating my position. GBR

I wasn't really expecting this thread to go where it ended up. I stayed away from it to see what everyone's responses were. I have never called anyone out on this board before and this wasn't one either. My only intention was to state what I was and see who agreed with me. I get great humor, insight, and frustration from what gets put on this board. Please continue to post your feelings about everything you want to. No one would check this place out if it was boring.

Just because I say how I feel, shouldn't be taken as hate towards opposing views. This isn't an "I am a better fan than anyone thread", it's just me stating my position. GBR

I think you may have been unfairly lumped in with the "you can't say anything critical at all or you're a bad fan" crowd in this thread. But I'm cool with with your posts.

What is truly absurd is Bo's insinuation that 99% of fans are satisfied with his performance. That right there is the definition of insanity. The truth is far, far closer to a complete inversion of those percentages. Bo's inability to understand this, can only be rivaled in magnitude by his inability to understand how to defend the jet sweep.
Maybe he didn't mean satisfied, but just that 99% are kind people. You know -- unlike you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back