• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked I'm a 99%er. Which Nebraska fan are you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is abundantly clear I am a 99er.

I just wish this board was made up of less 1%ers. Is there any other place that doesn't get so down on their team?

The amount of hate Taylor Martinez has taken is astounding to me. People who hate on him should be ashamed to be Nebraskans. We are supposed to be nice people.

Last edited:

Really. I think respect and decency is important. One has to know their limits. That said, ss I write this I am listening to Rob Zatechka talking about the huge problems with both PLAYERS and coaches. He names the people he is seeing problems with. It is broadcast on the air. I suppose he is another bad fan (and highly doubt anyone would attempt to give him a "fat lip").

Last edited:
I don't criticize players because they're young and not directly paid. I think it's perfectly fair to criticize coaches though. They are highly compensated and they are adults. Bo is the highest paid state employee in Nebraska and Tim Beck is one of the highest compensated OCs in the country. If we aren't getting results, I blame the guys getting paid. I do not feel bad at all criticizing them when they are handsomely paid and put an embarrassing product on the field. Furthermore, he is not a classy guy so I could give a crap if I hurt his feelings. He's probably cussing up a storm right now yelling about a fair weather fan base when we have the longest running sell out streak in NCAA history.

Let's be real. People aren't freaking out over a few hard fought losses. It's year 6 and Bo is still getting blown out. He just lost to the perennial door mat of the big ten. There's losing and then there's what Pelini's teams do. Take Wisconsin from 2012. They lost 6 games in 2012. That's a lot. Let's take a closer look though. 3 were in overtime and all of them were by a TD or less. One was to an undefeated team, and another was to a top 6 team. Not so bad now that we looked at the details. They lost hard fought games. Pelini's teams get embarrassed on national TV regularly and he gets out coached by very average coaches. There's a difference.

At the end of the day, it'll be a business decision for Shawn Eichorst. Right now, it's looking like Pelini is bad for business. The fans don't have faith in the coach and they are beginning to slide into apathy. That's not good for biggest cash producing sport.

Nailed it

There's no 99% on this one, if you mean that there's only 1% critical of the teams direction. It's probably about 50-50 this week. And that 99%'er thing...that's a tired expression.

There's no 99% on this one, if you mean that there's only 1% critical of the teams direction. It's probably about 50-50 this week. And that 99%'er thing...that's a tired expression.

Thank you!!!
I was going to ask for a link to the % but that would be as useful as playing a running quarterback that can not run

I think the number of fans who have stopped Bolieving is probably above 50%. My two brothers and I seem like a good gauge. My oldest brother is a sunshine pumper through and through, while my other brother is always doom and gloom. He has wanted Bo gone for a couple of years now. I'm more in the middle.

However, right now all three of us want Bo gone. Even my oldest brother, who is an eternal optimist, said he's done with it. He and I both feel that Bo has the rest of the season to save his job. I was surprised to hear this from him. That's why I suspect it's more than 50% who are fed up.

I will always cheer and support the players as I even did for Cosgrove's Blackshirts

I'll always cheer for my Huskers, but professionals with 6 and 7 figure incomes should always be fair game! That is part of the job!

I'm true red Husker. But struggle with this % concept. I guess I'm not mature enough to be the ultimate rah rah guy immediately following a cesspool showing like Saturday. The sun came up Sunday, I sobered up and hadn't burned a single piece of Husker gear in my stooper. I will continue to root for the Huskers. Can you give me the grade on my % of Huskerness? I will not bash the players, but the boobs with whistles that instruct the players that are on the field are open game.

I'm the kind of fan who is getting sick and tired of others telling me that I am not a fan, or a fair-weather fan, or a bad fan.

Last edited:

I'm a husker fan until Oct..then Hockey starts But since the Huskers have been pulled from prime time ...Looks like I'll be a fan all year this year.

I always root for the Huskers. I always pull for the players and coaches. Doesn't mean I can't critique them. Jeez, can't say Taylor didn't throw nice passes Saturday, don't wanna hurt the players' feelings. Gimme a break.

Why is it unfathomable to some that criticism can come with complete support of the team, coaches included? Look, I'd love to be wrong about the staff. I want them to shut us up, go 5-0 and get to the B1G championship. I want Pelini to be horrendously successful. I like him as a person. I may see the writing on the wall, but the support is unquestionably deep.

But ignoring the current results, in relation to the past, is not anti-husker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back