• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked I'm a 99%er. Which Nebraska fan are you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lummox

Red Shirt
15 Year Member
I think it's great to discuss plays, game plans, best players etc. I'm just not one to blame individuals or call for coaches heads everytime we lose or have a bad game. I have stood and clapped for our team when they got on the bus after a loss. Could You look into their eyes and say what some say here. All I ever saw was pain and sadness in their eyes as they got on the bus. There would be a lot of fat lips given out if you tried to talk about them to their faces. IMO.

I think it's great to discuss plays, game plans, best players etc. I'm just not one to blame individuals or call for coaches heads everytime we lose or have a bad game. I have stood and clapped for our team when they got on the bus after a loss. Could You look into their eyes and say what some say here. All I ever saw was pain and sadness in their eyes as they got on the bus. There would be a lot of fat lips given out if you tried to talk about them to their faces. IMO.

Bully for you!:) I have seen some of the same things as my nephews demand to watch the players exit the field. I try to be pretty benign when it comes to criticising the players. The criticisms of the coaching staff IMO are warranted as it isn't just a one game criticism. It is the culmination of their failing to put a complete team together in any of Bo's nearly 6 seasons here. Combine that with the consistent blow out losses in the most marquee games etc... and you get the criticism. Add to that the constant nothing talk about execution, the process, eye discipline etc.... To me, the criticism is warranted with regard to the coaching and the state of the program. I do take issue with how some express themselves but we all have our own way of viewing the world I suppose.

I wouldn't say to them what I say here. So what? Are you seriously saying we can't support them in person and then here be constructively critical? Surely not, because that's ridiculous.

When I fire employees, I don't say around them what I said in coming to a conclusion. When I hire them I don't tell the losers why they didn't get hired. When I discuss going whether or not to go to a party with a date, I don't repeat what was said later to the hosts. When I don't return someone else's call, I don't call them and tell them they bore me to tears.

We all make evaluations of others we don't share with them face to face. It's called tact.

I don't criticize players because they're young and not directly paid. I think it's perfectly fair to criticize coaches though. They are highly compensated and they are adults. Bo is the highest paid state employee in Nebraska and Tim Beck is one of the highest compensated OCs in the country. If we aren't getting results, I blame the guys getting paid. I do not feel bad at all criticizing them when they are handsomely paid and put an embarrassing product on the field. Furthermore, he is not a classy guy so I could give a crap if I hurt his feelings. He's probably cussing up a storm right now yelling about a fair weather fan base when we have the longest running sell out streak in NCAA history.

Let's be real. People aren't freaking out over a few hard fought losses. It's year 6 and Bo is still getting blown out. He just lost to the perennial door mat of the big ten. There's losing and then there's what Pelini's teams do. Take Wisconsin from 2012. They lost 6 games in 2012. That's a lot. Let's take a closer look though. 3 were in overtime and all of them were by a TD or less. One was to an undefeated team, and another was to a top 6 team. Not so bad now that we looked at the details. They lost hard fought games. Pelini's teams get embarrassed on national TV regularly and he gets out coached by very average coaches. There's a difference.

At the end of the day, it'll be a business decision for Shawn Eichorst. Right now, it's looking like Pelini is bad for business. The fans don't have faith in the coach and they are beginning to slide into apathy. That's not good for the University's biggest cash producing sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't criticize players because they're young and not directly paid. I think it's perfectly fair to criticize coaches though. They are highly compensated and they are adults. Bo is the highest paid state employee in Nebraska and Tim Beck is one of the highest compensated OCs in the country. If we aren't getting results, I blame the guys getting paid. I do not feel bad at all criticizing them when they are handsomely paid and put an embarrassing product on the field. Furthermore, he is not a classy guy so I could give a crap if I hurt his feelings. He's probably cussing up a storm right now yelling about a fair weather fan base when we have the longest running sell out streak in NCAA history.

Let's be real. People aren't freaking out over a few hard fought losses. It's year 6 and Bo is still getting blown out. He just lost to the perennial door mat of the big ten. There's losing and then there's what Pelini's teams do. Take Wisconsin from 2012. They lost 6 games in 2012. That's a lot. Let's take a closer look though. 3 were in overtime and all of them were by a TD or less. One was to an undefeated team, and another was to a top 6 team. Not so bad now that we looked at the details. They lost hard fought games. Pelini's teams get embarrassed on national TV regularly and he gets out coached by very average coaches. There's a difference.

At the end of the day, it'll be a business decision for Shawn Eichorst. Right now, it's looking like Pelini is bad for business. The fans don't have faith in the coach and they are beginning to slide into apathy. That's not good for biggest cash producing sport.

GREAT POST! I agree with everything you mention. I guess if I am in the "1%" then so be it.

I still support this team and the coaches, pretty much. The end of the season will be soon enough to make an evaluation.

Is it everytime? Is it?

I wouldn't say to them what I say here. So what? Are you seriously saying we can't support them in person and then here be constructively critical? Surely not, because that's ridiculous.

When I fire employees, I don't say around them what I said in coming to a conclusion. When I hire them I don't tell the losers why they didn't get hired. When I discuss going whether or not to go to a party with a date, I don't repeat what was said later to the hosts. When I don't return someone else's call, I don't call them and tell them they bore me to tears.

We all make evaluations of others we don't share with them face to face. It's called tact.

Excellent post huskernut and so true. It's a discussion board, and it thrives for a reason, that is that there are multiple sides of seeing things. If we all came on here and only pumped sunshine it would be a lonely board.

Hey Mods, don't let this idea catch on. If we all followed the Lummox rule the site will get shut down. What advertiser will pay for 150 unique hits a week on the BBS? I think it would reduce the number of comments by more than 1%.....

Last edited:
It's fair to criticize the coaches. They don't put our players in position to win. I love the players and I feel bad for them. They have the talent to go undefeated with this schedule.

The coaches have lost me. Maybe they can win me back by turning this season around in a hurry, but I've seen enough in six years. We're not exactly rushing to judgment here.

Last edited:

To be clear I almost always root for the huskers. I rooted against the huskers one time but that was bc my step brother was playing for the other team. I'm not going to root against Nebraska just bc i dont like their coaching staff.

But yeah Pelini has lost me. It would take some big wins for me to believe in him again.

Bully for you!:) I have seen some of the same things as my nephews demand to watch the players exit the field. I try to be pretty benign when it comes to criticising the players. The criticisms of the coaching staff IMO are warranted as it isn't just a one game criticism. It is the culmination of their failing to put a complete team together in any of Bo's nearly 6 seasons here. Combine that with the consistent blow out losses in the most marquee games etc... and you get the criticism. Add to that the constant nothing talk about execution, the process, eye discipline etc.... To me, the criticism is warranted with regard to the coaching and the state of the program. I do take issue with how some express themselves but we all have our own way of viewing the world I suppose.

Well said.

"What you see on the field is either coached, or allowed."

well put.

I don't know if it's conditioning, but I have found myself more lethargic when viewing losses, I remember being at the 90 CU game when Bienemy ran at will in the 4th quarter, I left the stadium completely distraught, and they ranked #6 I believe, After Saturdays compost heap of a game, more of a here we go again, vibe. I enjoyed it more when the losses stung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back