• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Illinois @ Nebraska Game Thread (11/21/20)

We have to get a grad transfer at QB. Luke is not a QB. AM is too inconsistent and there's too much at stake for this staff to rely on a freshman next year. We have no choice.

First Half thoughts.

An absolute stinko performance.

Nebraska came out drunk, stoned, scarred, asleep, bored . . . whatever. One of the worst perfomances ever in a half of football from start to finish.

Who are we playing? Ohio State? Alabama? Clemson?

No, friggin’ Illinois.

First play of the game, somnambulant McCaffrey makes the mind boggling decision to throw a pass two yards upfield. But the refs who were as sound asleep as Nebraska was, ruled it a fumble.

Then . . . our coaches must of been playing Game Boy on the sidelines and in the booth and don’t challenge.

Then, we get an illegal substitution penalty. Still no challenge.

Then we tackle the ball carrier who is obviously down, he fumbles forward and one single Illinois player out hustles four or five players for the ball. Illinois gains 6-8 yards on the play after the fumble. Refs and our coaches still sound asleep.

We can’t stop anybody on third down. Defensively, players look lost and disinterested. Disgraceful performance and total lack of focus and effort. Illinois keeps running the same 3 plays over and over again, and we are totally baffled by it. I could go on with some analysis with some specific lack of effort examples—but what’s the point.

Speaking of lack of effort, what was Bootle doing on their first TD pass—reading the WR’s number? He just stood there and let him make the catch. Then it is like, “Oh I forgot, there is a football game going on.” Then he tries to keep tackling the guy well after the play.

Two times Illinois has fumbled into a horde of blackshirts. Two times, one Illinois player outhustles everyone to the ball.

Hopefully there are no urine tests in the locker room. If so, Cam Jurgens will have tell the nurses that he can’t comply, he left all of his on the football field.

On fourth and four, he high snaps McCaffery and kills the play.

Just a note to the announcers, the interception was a fourth down play. McCaffery actually gained four yards by throwing the INT instead of throwing it away. Obviously, the announcers are as sound asleep as everyone else.

But Nervous Jurgens isn’t done. A stupid hold takes points off the board Then yet another bad snap right before halftime.

I guess our new culture is choking players never come out, no matter what.

Alante Brown with a bad drop on third down.

We got a great punt return . . . you guessed it, a push in the back.

McCaffrey either over their heads or wide and behind passing. But that’s okay, most of his throws are late too.

Scott Frost proving to the world how smart he is. Scott up middle working. Let’s start running him wide. Gotta prove that we can run any play at any time, no matter how silly.

Third down . . . QB draw. Third and 8 . . . QB draw. Third and 2 . . . QB draw. Third and 12 . . . QB draw. How do the other DC’s always seem to know what’s coming?

Well, sad thing is this game is still winnable. Illinois gets ball first in second half. After our usual halftime nappy-time, we will probably find ourselves quickly behind 35-10.

I think it is Martinez time.

What is that chip we are playing with on our shoulders?

What a joke.

Last edited:
When is the last time Neb had a Blackshirt defense? Until they become a top 20 unit, let's forget this sh*t show. This also includes these alternate uniforms. Why pay homage to something your not and won't b without some significant changes.

While I’m very happy we won last week because we sure needed it, and was happy he got the start to shake things up, Luke is not the future at QB. When I look around and see all these other teams with quarterbacks who can hit their receivers whether that be a 5 yarder, etc.. and then I look at ours... it’s mind-boggling. Until that is corrected we can continue to expect what we are witnessing right now.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back