• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If the Big 12 Calls, Will/Should we answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Trev answered that call and considered it I would want him fired and I love Trev. I’m not sure I can state how absurd this thought process is. You got me all worked up this morning.

I agree with you.

Trev can take the call as to not be rude but he would have ZERO INPUT in the final decision. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
How are they calling from a defunct phone number?

At this rate the Big 12 might be calling collect from a pay phone. :thumbsup:

seinfeld-payphone.gif

Last edited:
Even without OU and Texas there, it's not like all of our old "friends" were on our side in the Big 12. I remember an awful lot of 11-1 votes where NU was all by themselves. No thank you.
I don’t remember or know of all the 11 to 1 votes that get mentioned on this board frequently. I do know of one and it was a vote taken on having a Conference Championship game. That one looks rather foolish doesn’t it? Just maybe Nebraska isn’t always as smart as they think they are. I’m pretty sure what you think of my opinion because it tends to be the contrarian one. I wonder what our conference brothers and sisters thought if this 11 to 1 thing happened as much is claimed. Sometimes you strive for the greater good of a community rather than just personal interests.

I don’t remember or know of all the 11 to 1 votes that get mentioned on this board frequently. I do know of one and it was a vote taken on having a Conference Championship game. That one looks rather foolish doesn’t it? Just maybe Nebraska isn’t always as smart as they think they are. I’m pretty sure what you think of my opinion because it tends to be the contrarian one. I wonder what our conference brothers and sisters thought if this 11 to 1 thing happened as much is claimed. Sometimes you strive for the greater good of a community rather than just personal interests.

Well when all the original members of the Big 8 side with the new guy (Texas) and their demands/threats…maybe you feel left on an island. Just a thought. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Is that why OU and Texas are leaving, for the greater good of the community? :Biggrin:

I think the big one that went against us was about prop 48 and partial qualifiers.

I dont recall what the others were

Last edited:

I think the big one that went against us was prop 48.

Yes that’s obviously the big one but I hear of all these 11 to 1 votes quite often. You brought up one and I brought up one how many others really were there or has this just morphed into some urban legend that’s growing through the years

Yes that’s obviously the big one but I hear of all these 11 to 1 votes quite often. You brought up one and I brought up one how many others really were there or has this just morphed into some urban legend that’s growing through the years
Maybe there was a title 9 one?

But yeah, I agree that there might be some dramatization regarding the number of times votes went that way

Is that why OU and Texas are leaving, for the greater good of the community? :Biggrin:
This isn’t about what OU and Texas are doing. I just hear about these 11 to 1 votes that drove us from the conference and questioned the validity of it or has it just morphed into something bigger over the years. If the conference hadn’t been so dysfunctional 10 years ago who knows what it could’ve been. That 11 to 1 conference championship vote looks rather short sighted now doesn’t. it

Last edited:

This isn’t about what OU and Texas are doing. I just hear about these 11 to 1 votes that drove us from the conference and questioned the validity of it or has it just morphed into something bigger over the years. If the conference hadn’t been so dysfunctional 10 years ago who knows what it could’ve been. That 11 to 1 conference championship vote looks rather short sighted now doesn’t. it
Not sure why you're harping on one vote from 27 years ago

How about the 11-1 vote to reduce Prop-48. Do you think they all voted on that for the good of the community or for the good of hurting Nebraska?

Not sure why you're harping on one vote from 27 years ago
Because a poster brought it up in this post and it’s brought up quite frequently. So how often did it happen? Not that big a deal but it appears we tend to prop ourselves up as the outsider in the last two conferences we’ve been in then wonder why we get called on it. If you are constantly the lone dissenter on issues as claimed don’t you think we might not be viewed favorably and might not always be right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back