• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I think it is time to move on.

Some of you are proving my point, it is a done deal he is here. Why, doesn't matter, whomever made the decision, doesn't matter., he is here. Support the decision or not up to you all. 4 coaches were dismissed, not half the staff, we may lose players, we may not, nobody knows until it happens. People seem to be fixated on things they have a) no control over and 2) things that have already been decided on and won't be changed.

I am excited for the off season, to see who goes and who comes here. I am already looking forward to next season. But I refuse to look back and especially focus on the negative. It does absolutely no good what so ever.

I guess this is how I feel about it.

I wasn’t for keeping Frost. I said before the season if no bowl than he should be gone.

But, the decision wasn’t mine. I am not going sit and bitch about something I have no control over for the next 9 months and make myself miserable.

The only thing I can do is watch and see what happens and hope for the best.

Pretty simple guys, Frost is here for another year. It's time to move on. I understand the need to vent, but the decision is made. We have great kids that are coming back, we will have great kids signing in December/February. The coaching staff that is here and the ones that are coming know what is at stake. Win or go home. But for now this is what we have. Hopefully you guys can have a good coming up Holiday Season and New Year.

I don’t think he’s here for another year…

Certainly, everyone who chooses to voice their displeasure knows full well that Frost will still be our head coach in 2022. But it's a message board -- that's where we vent.

I mean, let's say we'd won yesterday, had a bowl game coming up in a month, then less than 24 hours after the bowl game (let's say it was a win), should someone less than 24 hours later suggest it's now time to stop talking about the positive end to the season and move on?

Certainly, everyone who chooses to voice their displeasure knows full well that Frost will still be our head coach in 2022. But it's a message board -- that's where we vent.

I mean, let's say we'd won yesterday, had a bowl game coming up in a month, then less than 24 hours after the bowl game (let's say it was a win), should someone less than 24 hours later suggest it's now time to stop talking about the positive end to the season and move on?
Nope, because it is positive not negative. Not sure how many negative threads there are talking about the same thing. It's old. Some people have said "then don't click on it", which I don't, but here is another example. Trying to make a thread that isn't negative and people still can't just go piss and moan in one of the other 6 thousand threads on why Frost isn't fired, they need to feel they have to come in here and do it. Why can't people let something that is positive just be, they feel they must crap all over something they don't agree with?

Nope, because it is positive not negative. Not sure how many negative threads there are talking about the same thing. It's old. Some people have said "then don't click on it", which I don't, but here is another example. Trying to make a thread that isn't negative and people still can't just go piss and moan in one of the other 6 thousand threads on why Frost isn't fired, they need to feel they have to come in here and do it. Why can't people let something that is positive just be, they feel they must crap all over something they don't agree with?
Aren't you crapping all over what I'm saying because you don't agree with it?

Idk, teams that are "so close," as the head cheese says, don't typically fire nearly half the coaching staff.
Were we statistically ‘so close’? I’d say yes. Were there coaches let go who many questioned the performance of their athletes? I’d say yes. Would we have needed to let some coaches go if we were going to try to get a ST coach? I’d say yes. Do we feel OLine was underperforming? I’d say yes. Do we need a full time QB coach? I’d say no. With all the 4* talent at RB, are we happy with the development there? I’d say no.

What is confusing about being close, but still needing to upgrade areas of a team? If we were getting smashed by teams, not looking competitive, then ‘so close’ wouldn’t apply.

I think you are hoping to create a fantasy. ;)

If we were to suppress the negative posts in favor of the positive posts, that sounds like how dictatorships are run. Maybe there's another forum that works that way, but I wouldn't want to be a part of it. Nor would I want to be a part of a forum where the positive posts were muzzled.

I understand your frustration with negative posts "invading" positive threads. But that's how this forum has worked for as long as it's been around.

To be sure, what you're now seeing with Frost posts happened with every coach prior over the past 20 years -- did you suggest people stop the negativity with Riley or Callahan? Same idea with the recent negative threads -- there's always posters showing up and bashing those takes as well. And I'm fine with that. It's an internet forum, which is largely based on debate. All sports have always created debate -- and unless you're winning championships, there's going to be a negative side of the debate.

What do you think this forum would be like if we put an end now to any negative banter? Pretty darn quiet -- to the point it may just shrivel up and die. This is where countless posters come to voice their frustrations. If you don't allow for that or try to limit it, you're going to lose members.

Everyone should feel free to post whatever types of reactions and thoughts they have -- from either side of the fence. If you see the problem being the negativity dominating the discussion, then that's because the majority of posters are displeased. Why try to pacify the majority?

You're not wrong, just a few days too early. People gotta vent, especially after a fiasco like yesterday.

Of course, there'll be a few still starting polls on if Frost should be fired even in mid January. Those are the ones that will need to be referred for counseling.

;)

Where's Thotdoc when we need him?

Pretty simple guys, Frost is here for another year. It's time to move on. I understand the need to vent, but the decision is made. We have great kids that are coming back, we will have great kids signing in December/February. The coaching staff that is here and the ones that are coming know what is at stake. Win or go home. But for now this is what we have. Hopefully you guys can have a good coming up Holiday Season and New Year.

gotta give Frost one more year.. having said that, I just don't see how he is able to get a top notch OC in this situation.. hope I am wrong.

Bandaid is all that is
Firing all your coaches on one side of the ball and hiring new one's is not a "band-aid". That's a huge upheaval at any school. Now, depending on who he hires, then it might be a "band-aid", but that remains to be seen.

You're not wrong, just a few days too early. People gotta vent, especially after a fiasco like yesterday.

Of course, there'll be a few still starting polls on if Frost should be fired even in mid January. Those are the ones that will need to be referred for counseling.

;)
I hear you, but I mean, these threads have dominated the 1st page for the last year. Of you're still starting these threads at this point, best to check out for a while and come up with some new material.

Last edited:
Firing all your coaches on one side of the ball and hiring new one's is not a "band-aid". That's a huge upheaval at any school. Now, depending on who he hires, then it might be a "band-aid", but that remains to be seen.
Agree. There's no guarantee that replacement coaches will have any better level of success. All it does is set up a " these coaches need more time" narrative next year.
It's been SF motive since he got here. He never seems to have the team he wants for success now. Year 1-2 need to rid team of Riley players/ culture and get his guys. Year 3 need taller wide receivers for Big 10. Year 4 oops 4 of my 5 offensive assistants (that I chose) suck. Same old crap again and again

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back