• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I think it is time to move on.

joncarl

Nobody important
15 Year Member
Pretty simple guys, Frost is here for another year. It's time to move on. I understand the need to vent, but the decision is made. We have great kids that are coming back, we will have great kids signing in December/February. The coaching staff that is here and the ones that are coming know what is at stake. Win or go home. But for now this is what we have. Hopefully you guys can have a good coming up Holiday Season and New Year.

Pretty simple guys, Frost is here for another year. It's time to move on. I understand the need to vent, but the decision is made. We have great kids that are coming back, we will have great kids signing in December/February. The coaching staff that is here and the ones that are coming know what is at stake. Win or go home. But for now this is what we have. Hopefully you guys can have a good coming up Holiday Season and New Year.
Plenty of Hockey to watch

I agree SF is here for another year, but my gut tells me we’re going to lose a fair number of players and won’t get many/any good ones via the portal. I think the current coaching staff knew it was likely win or go home this year. How did that turn out? Half canned and the only reason it wasn’t all of them was SF’s golden boy status and his huge buyout. Hope starts game 7 of next year.

Idk, teams that are "so close," as the head cheese says, don't typically fire nearly half the coaching staff.
It's called kicking the can down the road. I'm convinced bringing Frost back under a restructured contract was a compromise between opposite-minded boosters. (As a matter of disclosure, I nothing to base that on, other than a "gut feel.")

I'd guess the metrics to retain Frost are in two stages. 1. A minimum number of wins after Indiana. 2. A bowl berth.

With next year's schedule, in year 5 Frost should be, at worst, 5-1 midway through the season. I don't know what the "official" metrics are, but in my mind, it has to be at least 4 wins in order to stay in the running for a bowl game at the end of the year. They're all "winnable" games with the arguable exception of Oklahoma. With 4 wins mid-season, and Purdue and Illinois both in Lincoln (the most "winnable" games in the 2nd half of the season,) a bowl game is an absolute minimum.

It's called kicking the can down the road. I'm convinced bringing Frost back under a restructured contract was a compromise between opposite-minded boosters. (As a matter of disclosure, I nothing to base that on, other than a "gut feel.")

I'd guess the metrics to retain Frost are in two stages. 1. A minimum number of wins after Indiana. 2. A bowl berth.

With next year's schedule, in year 5 Frost should be, at worst, 5-1 midway through the season. I don't know what the "official" metrics are, but in my mind, it has to be at least 4 wins in order to stay in the running for a bowl game at the end of the year. They're all "winnable" games with the arguable exception of Oklahoma. With 4 wins mid-season, and Purdue and Illinois both in Lincoln (the most "winnable" games in the 2nd half of the season,) a bowl game is an absolute minimum.

1*Mg5Fv4HhfqJD7svp0BJgcA.png

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

. I’m not disagreeing with you but I’d add if there are metrics it will go directly against his supporters who argued against metrics this year. They argued the schedule was so tough that he could win 6 games and play some close ones and still have shown big improvement. Now next year with an easier schedule on paper and coming off a 3 win year they are happy with 6 game metrics.

Some of you are proving my point, it is a done deal he is here. Why, doesn't matter, whomever made the decision, doesn't matter., he is here. Support the decision or not up to you all. 4 coaches were dismissed, not half the staff, we may lose players, we may not, nobody knows until it happens. People seem to be fixated on things they have a) no control over and 2) things that have already been decided on and won't be changed.

I am excited for the off season, to see who goes and who comes here. I am already looking forward to next season. But I refuse to look back and especially focus on the negative. It does absolutely no good what so ever.

NW will beat Huskers in Dublin.

No change in 2022. 3 wins and 9 losses. Victories .... FCS North Dakota, Ga. Southern and Hoosiers or Rutgers. (thank god, no more tOSU & MSU schedule)

Some of you are proving my point, it is a done deal he is here. Why, doesn't matter, whomever made the decision, doesn't matter., he is here. Support the decision or not up to you all. 4 coaches were dismissed, not half the staff, we may lose players, we may not, nobody knows until it happens. People seem to be fixated on things they have a) no control over and 2) things that have already been decided on and won't be changed.

I am excited for the off season, to see who goes and who comes here. I am already looking forward to next season. But I refuse to look back and especially focus on the negative. It does absolutely no good what so ever.

If you don’t focus on the negative, you don’t have much to focus on right now.

You're not wrong, just a few days too early. People gotta vent, especially after a fiasco like yesterday.

Of course, there'll be a few still starting polls on if Frost should be fired even in mid January. Those are the ones that will need to be referred for counseling.

;)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back