• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HUSKERS VS HOOSIERS - GAME #3 - BASEBALL THREAD (DH)

Keep right on being hating all of you haters, as upset that we lost a DH to IU last weekend, I am not willing to give up on this staff, team or any other aspect of NU baseball. Coach Erstad will, and I mean will, get this ship corrected, and I mean in the Dave VanHorn tradition. Most likely even better, because no matter what DVH said, he was a RBack not a Husker. We now have a Husker aided by a Husker, and now let the Big Ten feel eventually feel the full blast of an unmerciflull blast of serious baseball.​

Haters hate, huh? How about realists being real?

Blast of baseball? Show me the players.

We are in the B1G now, for DVH to pull players to Nebraska when we were in the Big 12 was easy. I want Erstad to succeed, but pulling those same caliber players to a league that hasn't smelled CWS since 1984? Again, show me.

And say what you want about DVH, whether he's a Rback, or Husker, or martian, the dude is a winner.

From Tom Shatel in todays OWH:

I realize that Darin Erstad inherited issues at Haymarket Park, but the Nebraska baseball season has now become confus­ing. And at a danger spot. The Big Red is coming off arguably its worst day in years, losing a doubleheader to Indiana. That knocked NU to seventh in the mediocre Big Ten. The top six go to the Big Ten tourna­ment. There’s two weekends left to pad Ws. But let there be urgency. Another year without a conference tournament— and a Big Ten tournament, at that — would be unthinkable. Meaning, Husker fans wouldn’t want to think about it.

But let there be urgency. Another year without a conference tournament— and a Big Ten tournament, at that — would be unthinkable. Meaning, Husker fans wouldn’t want to think about it.

I think we will qualify, but forget getting back up to 2nd and a 1st round bye. But if we play the rest of our games like Sunday, we may not win again. Let there be a sense of urgency!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back