• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HUSKERS VS HOOSIERS - GAME #3 - BASEBALL THREAD (DH)

It's maddening that this very average Indiana team is in 2nd place (thanks to our generosity).

didn't like our D, also. Made too many bonehead plays or not agressive enough on D

In all, sounds like our kids are never ready to play 100%, when on the road! :(

Erstad Postgame
...fought at plate, didn't make plays.
...starts/ends on mound and pitchers didn't get it done.
...still trying to find right combinations.
...not a clear idea of what those combos are.
...ample opportunity to get job done, pitchers haven't.
...Cory did a very nice job at plate, behind it.
...Bummer was attacking zone and it was good to see.
...might have to travel on scheduled flight.

A rainy day in Bloomington to stew over what happened today? Ouch.

Erstad Postgame
...fought at plate, didn't make plays.
...starts/ends on mound and pitchers didn't get it done.
...still trying to find right combinations.
...not a clear idea of what those combos are.
...ample opportunity to get job done, pitchers haven't.
...Cory did a very nice job at plate, behind it.
...Bummer was attacking zone and it was good to see.
...might have to travel on scheduled flight.

A rainy day in Bloomington to stew over what happened today? Ouch.

Man, what a horrible day, all around. Finally, Cory gets going, we flop, anyway.

See you Tuesday, hopefully.

Last edited:
When Indiana is #2 -- and really not a good team at all -- what does that say about Nebraska? Better luck next season. :)

I also continue to say that Purdue is overrated. Yes, good team -- but far from great -- they can just feed on the fact that every other team in the Big Ten is mediocre to bad.

In the Big 12 it took DVH two years to get players. In the B1G how long will it take???

DVH found dudes under rocks.

Dan Johnson Iowa Western
Cole was Canadien
Shabala was from Illinois
Hooper from Denver
Komine from Hawaii
Ott transfer
Strong from California
T.Bullock transfer

It will be tough to do that in the B1G

Being 9-9 after 18 games in the B1G sucks no matter who is coaching. Flashes of brilliance interwined with long periods of mediocrity. Leading the conference on offense and defense and pitching that at times looks like the Keystone Kops. At this point, the team is going to have to win 4 of 6 just to be the last seed in the tourney.

Keep right on being hating all of you haters, as upset that we lost a DH to IU last weekend, I am not willing to give up on this staff, team or any other aspect of NU baseball. Coach Erstad will, and I mean will, get this ship corrected, and I mean in the Dave VanHorn tradition. Most likely even better, because no matter what DVH said, he was a RBack not a Husker. We now have a Husker aided by a Husker, and now let the Big Ten feel eventually feel the full blast of an unmerciflull blast of serious baseball.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back