• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HUSKERS host GOPHERS - Friday - 7:02 :pm ctrl- 4-28-23 - Hawks Field

That curve that he struck out on was right in his wheelhouse. I don't know why he looked at it and didn't swing
it was fat
That was a fat pitch he let go by. It was a curve but it was easy to see

Last edited:

Talent, but not enough “bulldog” on the team, seems especially on the mound. Bummer, because it’s wasting exceptional offensive seasons from two of those talents. Gotta keep playing hard, though, cuz the other team doesn’t just show up to chalk up an L for your W.

GBR!

Last edited:
I didn’t finish watching the game. Saw we went up 5-4 then changed the channel. Told myself if they find a way to lose, they will drop this series!

Our top two hitters are now well below .400, pitching is just horrible!

Bolt is failing miserably!

Told myself if they find a way to lose, they will drop this series!
We will see today.

Baseball is a brutal game when you are in a slump….

you overthink everything….start to “press” ….horrible frustration.

And the absolute “funnest” game in the world …just no longer is ”fun.”

and when you start not having fun in Baseball….it all goes to hell.

I know this. I played on really good teams and a couple really bad ones.

I wasn’t a great hitter but solid….dependable…and my OBP was always good.

I was 0 for 18 one year at a critical moment in the season….was going nuts…tried changing approach, stance, even my swing a bit. Finally my head coach took me aside and said “just relax and have the time of your life…have FUN…baseball isn’t forever…ENJOY the time!”

Went 3 for 4 next game…bases clearing triple to win it. All I thought about was how much darn FUN baseball was….every time I went to the plate.

Coached 10 years in HS at one of the largest schools in the state…mostly good or solid years. But there were a couple that were flat awful. One we had very little talent so kind of expected.

The other year we were loaded with all kinds of “expectations”.

Worst season of my life. Nothing worked, constant slumps, kids pressing left and right…desperate….a couple with big scholarships on the line.

All I did was play whack—a-mole that season. Stop one problem and another immediately reappeared.

I kind of feel that is this year’s Huskers in a nutshell.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back