• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Huskers could have a RB commit as soon as this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on the visitors' reaction? As for Pitt, the President should fire Peterson and the coach, and hire Frank Solich for both jobs.

Even more important, was all the passes we threw. That's gotta look good to recruits.

You want impressive? How about 9different people with a carry, 10 different people with a catch and 7 different people scoring a TD.

Watching that game it is clear that Taylor Martinez is a whole new QB. If this TM had played on the 2009 and 2010 Nebraska teams, they would have won back-to-back titles IMPO.

The main concerns Nebraska has is with their 3rd down defense, rush defense and kickoff coverage...I am pretty sure Brett Maher had a bad game. I dont think Nebraska should expect him to play like that very often.

Yup and Yup and Yup...:)

You want impressive? How about 9different people with a carry, 10 different people with a catch and 7 different people scoring a TD.

Watching that game it is clear that Taylor Martinez is a whole new QB. If this TM had played on the 2009 and 2010 Nebraska teams, they would have won back-to-back titles IMPO.

The main concerns Nebraska has is with their 3rd down defense, rush defense and kickoff coverage...I am pretty sure Brett Maher had a bad game. I dont think Nebraska should expect him to play like that very often.

That was a very impressive showing by the whole offense.

It may be that Brett was starting to believe everything he read about himself. He may be humbled now but it will pay off in the future.

Yup and Yup and Yup...:)

I think Nebraska is going to have a very good season.

I must admit that during the first half I was worried about their run defense. I still am but feel more positive for you than I did the first 30 minutes. After the first half feeling-out process and after Nebraska got an idea of what Southern Miss was trying to do offensively, Pelini and Papuchis made great adjustments and the defense looked a lot better. More random thoughts:

The secondary looks a lot better than they did last year. I think Terry Joseph is the best DB coach Pelini has had during his tenure.

I really like Alonzo Whaley, but there were a handful of times where he just didnt seem athletic enough to make the play. I would like to see him at SLB. I wonder how close Santos and Anderson are to taking over at WLB, because the coaches like Whaley more than Fisher so I would anticipate Fisher moving down.

I wouldnt be too concerned about the special teams. Just like the first few weeks of the NFL season, there are a lot more return TDs and overall miscues the first few games. With the limited number of practices and hours per week that they can coach, less time is given to special teams than other aspects of the team during fall camp. I was surprised by Maher though. Woah.

Me too....I was telling mu daughter (who is a real Husker nutt too) just yesterday that we are flyign under the radar right now and that I liked that....no pressure and time to grow ans show what we have....

I think we went into this game with not knowing what they would do with little film to watch....as Bo said after the game we may have overprepared and they played pretty much a base offense...

Agree on the DBs and Joesph....

Santos because we played dime and nickel all day long did not see the field....Anderson is a learning curve...as is to be expected....I coudl see him as the starter by the Wisconsin game....and Fisher stepping back....they really like Santos allot...so expect him to get a ton of playing time going forth....

Maher will be fine...just a bad day....and think that is true for the ST as a whole....

I think Nebraska is going to have a very good season.

I must admit that during the first half I was worried about their run defense. I still am but feel more positive for you than I did the first 30 minutes. After the first half feeling-out process and after Nebraska got an idea of what Southern Miss was trying to do offensively, Pelini and Papuchis made great adjustments and the defense looked a lot better. More random thoughts:

The secondary looks a lot better than they did last year. I think Terry Joseph is the best DB coach Pelini has had during his tenure.

I really like Alonzo Whaley, but there were a handful of times where he just didnt seem athletic enough to make the play. I would like to see him at SLB. I wonder how close Santos and Anderson are to taking over at WLB, because the coaches like Whaley more than Fisher so I would anticipate Fisher moving down.

I wouldnt be too concerned about the special teams. Just like the first few weeks of the NFL season, there are a lot more return TDs and overall miscues the first few games. With the limited number of practices and hours per week that they can coach, less time is given to special teams than other aspects of the team during fall camp. I was surprised by Maher though. Woah.

Me too....I was telling mu daughter (who is a real Husker nutt too) just yesterday that we are flyign under the radar right now and that I liked that....no pressure and time to grow ans show what we have....

I think we went into this game with not knowing what they would do with little film to watch....as Bo said after the game we may have overprepared and they played pretty much a base offense...

Agree on the DBs and Joesph....

Santos because we played dime and nickel all day long did not see the field....Anderson is a learning curve...as is to be expected....I coudl see him as the starter by the Wisconsin game....and Fisher stepping back....they really like Santos allot...so expect him to get a ton of playing time going forth....

Maher will be fine...just a bad day....and think that is true for the ST as a whole....

David Santos, Corey Cooper and Zaire Anderson are going to be needed a lot more come B1G season. They will be needed to spy guys like Denard Robinson, Braxton Miller, Marqueis Gray and Kain Colter. Watch it against Brett Hundley and UCLA this week...Arkansas State's Ryan Aplin is a dual guy too. Those are the games where those guys' athleticism is really going to come into play.

Agree on all three....

Hundley is going to be very good as we both know....but as he showed against Rice he is nowhere near that yet...very young and learning and we will be a whole different ball game than rice...

I watched Aplin last night against Oregon and he is quite good....

David Santos, Corey Cooper and Zaire Anderson are going to be needed a lot more come B1G season. They will be needed to spy guys like Denard Robinson, Braxton Miller, Marqueis Gray and Kain Colter. Watch it against Brett Hundley and UCLA this week...Arkansas State's Ryan Aplin is a dual guy too. Those are the games where those guys' athleticism is really going to come into play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back