• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Husker Football doing just FINE!!

Absolutely!

Sadly, the Whalers were the only thing that made Hartford come to life. Even if they didn't sell out every night, it made the city go in terms of getting folks to come to the city. Since their departure, Hartford is an afterthought in terms of places to go to in the region. In fact, most people avoid it all together. Younger generation goes right to West Hartford now.
Sadly Hartford and especially East Hartford are flat out dangerous places when the sun goes down. Having the Whalers for sure brought people into the city and really helped all the merchants downtown. Unfortunately the Whaler owner demanded a new arena for 140 million (it was needed) but then wanted another 45 million for loses incurred the previous 3 years! That wasn't going to happen hence the move to NC! There was a lot of nice restaurants, bars and live music in downtown Hartford at that time. Pretty much is a ghost town at night and it's not going to come back imo.

Other than 6 losing seasons in a row and 7 losing seasons in the last 8 years, Nebraska football is doing just fine!
My focus was on Nebraska football financially which is that making more money then ever! Considering our W-L record the past 6 years that's amazing imo. Imagine we had the same W-L record of Rutgers coupled with 265 million in the red! So financially Nebraska football is in fact doing just fine which allowed the program to hire a very expensive new coaching staff with lots of money left over. Should have stressed the financial part in my thread name!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back