• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How critical is the next game and a win/loss effect.

No arguments here. I think you are pretty spot on with your assessment. Even with the Illinois loss, a lot of us have been saying the MSU game is the make or break for the season. Of course, we could be wrong with that assessment, but that's where I stand.
Your not wrong. That is two games everyone had in the W column

... Jennings. He was, unfortunately, given a 5th season.....and posted 3-6-1.
"Unfortunately"? That chronology led directly to Bob Devaney being hired at Nebraska, one of the most important and beneficial events in human history.

I'm surprised at you BRL. Haven't you ever seen The Terminator? Read Bradbury? What if Marty hadn't gotten his parents to kiss at Enchantment Under the Sea?

No, we can't mess with the past. It's right up there with crossing the streams.

Last edited:
Every game for the last 3 years has been the next "biggest game of Frost's career" so I'm not sure how critical it is. For us fans, every game lives within a uber important microcosm but players and coaches view it more holistically.

I feel less and less pressure every year. The consequence of low expectations. I am excited for this game because we usually plays these guys very well.

No need to be so sensitive. Just stating the fact. I'm aware of all the "noise" going on, but it's just that...noise. SF will not be fired this season and he is not fighting to keep his job. Firing Frost is not something that is even being considered or on the radar for Trev. GBR.

So you are saying that it is a fact that if SF only wins one more game to go 3-9 or worse does not win anymore games and goes 2-10, that he will not be fired? I'd take that bet.

C

You said "us chicken littles". That projected that you were speaking for all. Minor detail on your part. No big deal.
Well the original post made it sound like there were so many of us. Can see how you would be confused.

Well the original post made it sound like there were so many of us. Can see how you would be confused.
Not at all. We are all chicken littles in the grand scheme of things. I mean, there's a few here who thing they're pretty big stuff based on how long they've been a member here or what they do for a living, etc. Honestly though, nobody here is more special than the rest. Just a bunch of chicken littles. Not confused at all. ;)

So you are saying that it is a fact that if SF only wins one more game to go 3-9 or worse does not win anymore games and goes 2-10, that he will not be fired? I'd take that bet.

C
I believe that is what I stated, yes.

Last edited:
We are going to beat one of the following: Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin Ohio St.
My money would be on Michigan. Zero fear of that team under Harbaugh. Odd, because most thought he would be a perfect fit for the B1G…hard to believe he’s still there, honestly. Wisconsin is no juggernaut either, IMO, and tOSU is more vulnerable than usual.

Next 5 games are definitely winnable if our defense gets help from ST’s and offense.

Last edited:
My money would be on Michigan. Zero fear of that team under Harbaugh. Odd, because most thought he would be a perfect fit for the B1G…hard to believe he’s still there, honestly. Wisconsin is no juggernaut either, IMO, and tOSU is more vulnerable than usual.

Next 5 games are definitely winnable if our defense gets help from ST’s and offense.
Spot on! I think we have a great shot in any one of those games. I definitely think we win one of them, at least.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back