• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How critical is the next game and a win/loss effect.

I agree. 6 wins and he’s good to go. 5 is iffy. If he only wins 2 of the next 8 even most of the fence riders are gonna say this experiment needs to end.

It really depends on who the wins are against, when and how if the total is 4 or 5.

My thoughts are we turn that corner and make it all a moot point.

One week at a time.

It really depends on who the wins are against, when and how if the total is 4 or 5.

My thoughts are we turn that corner and make it all a moot point.

One week at a time.
Totally agree which was my point in the “win” section of the OP. This is just a critical junction at this point. Could be make or break time. But then again…..every game could feel that way going forward.

How critical is Michigan State? Well lets examine this with a couple of "rules of guidance" in place.

1. The general rule is that we are trying to get to 6 wins and Bowl eligibility. Some might even call this a benchmark for retaining SF but lets not try to argue that point.

2. While we know that on any given Saturday anything can happen. Lets not talk the extreme rarity of relying on a win against tOSU and keep it within general boarders.

Consequences of a Loss. We lose the momentum that many have argued we have achieved over the last 3 games. Between the players, the coaching staff and the fans it would be devastating and puts us in a position where we still need 4 wins and the 3 most likely.....Purdue, Northwestern and Minnesota all of a sudden look like monster tasks.

Consequences of a win. Going on the road to beat a top 25 team builds on the confidence of all the players and the coaches. From the fan......and even the National perspective it sends a message that SF and Nebraska are not down and out while re-kicking the recruiting interests. More importantly, for chasing 6 wins it now brings not only the three early mentioned teams into play but also Iowa, Wisconsin and yes....even Michigan. Not saying all those would be wins because we beat Michigan State but they all of a sudden look like teams we can compete with.
Not much I can add to that. I would say, any kind of win is what we need, ugly or otherwise. A W will continue the upward surge that began with UB and was strengthened at OU.

If we play good sound football and lose a tight game, it may not be that bad... though a loss of any kind wouldn't be great for momentum. Obviously, an Illinois-type loss would be terrible for the program.

Totally agree which was my point in the “win” section of the OP. This is just a critical junction at this point. Could be make or break time. But then again…..every game could feel that way going forward.

It should. They all should be important.

I see such a deep, young, talented team that could be impressive to watch for several years to come and they need to go ahead and start that journey right freaking now.

Strange lot on here tonight.... but I think this needs to be a dub. We need to keep uncle Mo headed the right direction. These Frost led teams have seemed to lack the ability to overcome "bad" things during most games. Have a few more positives than negatives and we might just turn the corner. And for the record I don't know Trev, but I did love how he played.

Strange lot on here tonight.... but I think this needs to be a dub. We need to keep uncle Mo headed the right direction. These Frost led teams have seemed to lack the ability to overcome "bad" things during most games. Have a few more positives than negatives and we might just turn the corner. And for the record I don't know Trev, but I did love how he played.

Strange?

We're going to win.

It should. They all should be important.

I see such a deep, young, talented team that could be impressive to watch for several years to come and they need to go ahead and start that journey right freaking now.
They need to grow up and start acting like theyve been there before as in winning games.
They mention all the hard work, now get their heads right.
The D is there, the O needs to follow suit.

Several players mentioned its not all about the D being a tight knit group, its time for some reliable offense.

You must have missed his "I'm a friend of Trev Albert's proclamation" in his introductory post. I suppose he could be telling the truth but I highly doubt Trev is sharing his intentions with distant friends of the family.
I did not have an introductory post and I never claimed I was a friend of Trev Alberts. He's an acquaintance of my wife and any information I've shared here has not come from Trev.

Good try though bud.

Oh I didn’t miss his proclamation. I’m just enjoying disproving it.:):):)
You haven't disproven anything because your assumptions and conclusions are way off the mark. You seem to be really offended that you're not the only one who "knows things". I'd encourage you to not take yourself so seriously. There's over 1.5 million people in the state of Nebraska and a lot of them have ties to the program and know people in high places. It's not some secret society.

Have a good night.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back