• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hoiberg finalizes deal and is Nebraska’s new head basketball coach

Moos is the man. Love everything about him. I'm not going to kid ourselves and not pretend like luck and Timing weren't some major factors but overall he got it done!
Last great hire at NU was prob DVH by BB.
Moos has done it twice
Moos has had good luck with Frost and Hoiberg falling into his lap!

Moos basically swung for the fences with 7 year contracts, I don’t think many places are willing to commit like that. Just like football with Frost, if we can’t right the ship with Hoiberg, we may as well quit trying. Give him the 7 years and make him feel comfortable.
3 things can happen and 2 of them are good. We extend him because he’s killing it. He gets bought out because he’s killing it. Or he craps the bed and we eat some cash.

I’m glad Moos was willing to risk the cash to bet on the other two.

Great hire!! The article said the search stated in mid February. That coincides with the drubbing from Penn state. 2/19. I may have to see if I can get some tickets next year.

He is Mayor of Ames. Let something new develop here. Great Hire! a few months ago I didn't think he would consider Nebraska. Glad they found a mutual interest. Lots of places would have paid him the money.
So, make him Governor?

tenor.gif

This is so FREAKING AWESOME that I can't even believe that it's happening.
If I lived in Stincoln, I'd be buying basketball season tickets TODAY.

Welcome, Fred. So VERY cool that you're taking over the program that was run by your grandfather 60 years ago.

I think Moos is doing what he sees is obvious, He is confident but does not have the ego of Eichorst or Pederson. the biggest factor is NO Perlman and he ponied up the bucks to win. Most all of us on this board love the school and team enough to do just that. I think Moos just really knows and understands the fan base and the school in general. To me this was no brainer. Very happy with the hire.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back