• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hoiberg finalizes deal and is Nebraska’s new head basketball coach

He is Mayor of Ames. Let something new develop here. Great Hire! a few months ago I didn't think he would consider Nebraska. Glad they found a mutual interest. Lots of places would have paid him the money.

I liked Coach Miles but this is a Homerun Hire.His ties to UNL are deep both Grandfathers,One Coach Bush in the 50s early 60s still winningest by percentage BB coach in school history.The other was a Professor at UNL for years. Lincoln born.

I don't know, couldn't we get someone who wasn't fired recently? Seems like we're letting the Bulls off the hook..QUOTE]
It's gonna be okay, Bob. That was the NBA. I'm so glad it's not another mid-major, flash-in-the-pan.

Last edited:

Moos basically swung for the fences with 7 year contracts, I don’t think many places are willing to commit like that. Just like football with Frost, if we can’t right the ship with Hoiberg, we may as well quit trying. Give him the 7 years and make him feel comfortable.
The average stay at Nebraska for a head coach is over 7 years too. And Fred is the seventh head coach since his grandfather.

Moos is the man. Love everything about him. I'm not going to kid ourselves and not pretend like luck and Timing weren't some major factors but overall he got it done!
Last great hire at NU was prob DVH by BB.
Moos has done it twice
I love both of these hires but DVH was a homerun because of what he accomplished here. Hoiberg is a great hire but let’s pump the breaks a little bit and see how it unfolds.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back