• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Heinrich Haarberg

Snot on it. The cops here would be giving them citations. Hope they have masks on.
Scientists say these training masks aren't helping the way we ...

I think he looked great. The issue is he didn't complete a pass from in the pocket (unless we count the pitch forward stuff on jet sweeps) and he had a limited playbook. He is probably our most dynamic guy back there, but Martinez for sure is the better all-around QB right now. With us shifting to more downhill with Mills, I think that benefits Martinez. If we stayed with east/west stuff McCaffrey may have a punchers chance.

I still believe this is Martinez's show heading into Purdue, then all bets are off. He has to have a better year than 2019.
At this point, without spring, no way McCaffrey unseats AM. Hopefully the AM we see is Freshman AM + a little development.

Correction - lets hope we get to see a battle this fall!

Last edited:
At this point, without spring, no way McCaffrey unseats AM. Hopefully the AM we see is Freshman AM + a little development.

Correction - lets hope we get to see a battle this fall!
McCaffrey is working out with his brother... he's gonna be lightning fast. Love how his brother trains.

I think this fall there will be the same competition, but Martinez is too far ahead at this point especially with the Rona'.

McCaffrey is working out with his brother... he's gonna be lightning fast. Love how his brother trains.

I think this fall there will be the same competition, but Martinez is too far ahead at this point especially with the Rona'.

Would most people prefer Martinez to make the improvements desired and have a QB starting his third season? Over a RS Freshman? Sometimes I wonder how people would respond if it comes out: "Martinez has really grown and clearly won the job. It was a heated battle and we are so excited about the depth there and what our backups bring. They would start for a lot of programs around the country and we have 3 or 4 guys we could trust, but AM won the job."

Would most people prefer Martinez to make the improvements desired and have a QB starting his third season? Over a RS Freshman? Sometimes I wonder how people would respond if it comes out: "Martinez has really grown and clearly won the job. It was a heated battle and we are so excited about the depth there and what our backups bring. They would start for a lot of programs around the country and we have 3 or 4 guys we could trust, but AM won the job."
FAKE NEWS!

Even if Martinez wins the job, which I think he will, they need to get LM on the field for 10 or so snaps a game. He is too dynamic of a player to just sit waiting for the starter to get hurt, or play terrible.

Even if Martinez wins the job, which I think he will, they need to get LM on the field for 10 or so snaps a game. He is too dynamic of a player to just sit waiting for the starter to get hurt, or play terrible.
SF needs to think outside the box with the skill guys. I saw Bob Stoops take over at OU and immediately start to find his best athletes and find them a spot on the field. He didn't recruit most of those kids but he figured out how to get them to play like a team.

SF needs to think outside the box with the skill guys. I saw Bob Stoops take over at OU and immediately start to find his best athletes and find them a spot on the field. He didn't recruit most of those kids but he figured out how to get them to play like a team.
Maybe take a play or two out of Sean Payton's playbook and use him like a Taysom Hill? I think Taysom Hill could possibly pave the way for a hybrid position in the NFL moving forward....just a thought..

The staff has stated they want 5 scholly QB's on roster all the time. With Vedral leaving, they better think hard about offering Haarberg like now, IMO.

Last edited:

The staff has stated they want 5 scholly QB's on roster all the time. With Vedral leaving, they better think hard about offering Haarberg like now, IMO.
Its not like you have to promise he's the only QB for this class. Offer and keep building the room.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back