• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Heinrich Haarberg

Was wondering when we were going to start a thread on him.

Watched some of his video. Seems a little raw, but definately has tools.

For the good of the program, want to find the best available QB. But wouldn't it be great if we could pull in a local kid who fit the bill?

I'm not Verduzco, so maybe not qualified to comment, but the HUDL film I watched of him was fairly impressive. I mean, he's not blazing fast but as fast as the 2019 version of 2AM. Looked thin but a nice arm and fairly fluid. But what do I know?

Maybe he could convert to tight end if he doesn’t quite pan out at qb

That is a great idea since the Nebraska Offensive Coaches really know how to use tight ends in the game plan. :thumbsup:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

I'm not Verduzco, so maybe not qualified to comment, but the HUDL film I watched of him was fairly impressive. I mean, he's not blazing fast but as fast as the 2019 version of 2AM. Looked thin but a nice arm and fairly fluid. But what do I know?

He's a guy who could get faster as he builds up and he's already pretty fast (long strider, looks like to me, and those tall guys can take a bit to find their speed). 11.10 PR in the 100 meters as a soph (Smothers has a personal best of 10.93 as a JR.)

Could play other positions - WR even with that speed at 6-6! But his arm strength looked very impressive to me. Highlights only, but he can sling it and has the arm strength to make just about any throws we want for our offense.

As a side note in this thread...has anyone herd of or seen Zane Flores, QB, out of Gretna? He was a backup on varsity as an 8th grader last year, and a starter this year as the only Freshman on the team. Overall stats don't look great, but he had a live and accurate arm in the 2 games I saw him.

As a side note in this thread...has anyone herd of or seen Zane Flores, QB, out of Gretna? He was a backup on varsity as an 8th grader last year, and a starter this year as the only Freshman on the team. Overall stats don't look great, but he had a live and accurate arm in the 2 games I saw him.
He was a backup as an 8th grader on varsity? I hope they didn't play him in a game and start his 4 year clock.

In regard to the OP... Nebraska is going to need another Vedral type that is a good backup FBS player that wants to be a Husker. After Martinez leaves, Smothers and McCaffrey are going to duke it out for the starting spot and whoever doesn't get it will most likely transfer out. You need to make sure your other scholarship guy is solid, so a local guy makes sense.

In regard to the OP... Nebraska is going to need another Vedral type that is a good backup FBS player that wants to be a Husker. After Martinez leaves, Smothers and McCaffrey are going to duke it out for the starting spot and whoever doesn't get it will most likely transfer out. You need to make sure your other scholarship guy is solid, so a local guy makes sense.

In that respect, how is Masker doing?

Frost has made some encouraging comments from the podium about him.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back