• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Harrison Philips to Announce Next Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am pretty sure it is a Husker vs Cardinal decision. The other 4 schools on the list just keep his twitter followers numbers up.....

I will go with Neb. States that he has a clear favorite....if this true, tends to make me feel that it is the school that he has had a long-time tie to...pretty short time (less than a month) to break that bond. If he had said that he was having a hard time deciding between 2 (or 3) schools, I would tend towards Stanford.

Who knows. I am going to say Huskers. I don't think my family nor I would have even realized the value of a "Stanford Education" at the time I was in high school. Education is more about what you make of it as opposed to where you get it was the feeling. Not saying it was correct, but I only applied to DONU. Consideration of "higher tier schools" was never a concern of mine.

Who knows. I am going to say Huskers. I don't think my family nor I would have even realized the value of a "Stanford Education" at the time I was in high school. Education is more about what you make of it as opposed to where you get it was the feeling. Not saying it was correct, but I only applied to DONU. Consideration of "higher tier schools" was never a concern of mine.

Sheesh, me either. I went where I got the best scholarship, which happened to be Wayne State. I could have gone to UNL or KU, but not on a full ride. Had our guidance councilor let me know I had to take the SAT to qualify for a national merit scholarship, I may have had more choices than I did at the time also.

depends on your personality and goals. If he wants to move out of Nebraska and whatever, Stanford is probably inarguably the best choice. OTOH, if he wants to stay in this area, he's essentially set for life as a former Nebraska player in this state.

Sheesh, me either. I went where I got the best scholarship, which happened to be Wayne State. I could have gone to UNL or KU, but not on a full ride. Had our guidance councilor let me know I had to take the SAT to qualify for a national merit scholarship, I may have had more choices than I did at the time also.

depends on your personality and goals. If he wants to move out of Nebraska and whatever, Stanford is probably inarguably the best choice. OTOH, if he wants to stay in this area, he's essentially set for life as a former Nebraska player in this state.

I took a very haphazard, what falls in your lap approach. I had a scholly to UNL-Ag college. Wanted to be a science guy, and I leafed through Ag college handbook and chose Biochem as a major as Ag. didn't have bio or chem. Also, that very same "guidance counselor" left me behind on foreign language requirement effectively severely hampering my decision to ever switch colleges.... Also, if said "guidance counselor" never told me that 1 point higher on my ACT would have opened a lot more scholarship doors. If I would have known that, I may have taken the test a second time. Day I went down to register for classes I was only one who took the campus tour cause everyone else had taken college visits. My first visit was the day I signed up for classes (other than a couple football games)

All that being said, a lot depends a lot on the kids background. Not a huge percentage of people who truly value a absolute top tier education....or the perceived value of it real or not.
Us country folk don't always have the same info and resources, lol.

I took a very haphazard, what falls in your lap approach. I had a scholly to UNL-Ag college. Wanted to be a science guy, and I leafed through Ag college handbook and chose Biochem as a major as Ag. didn't have bio or chem. Also, that very same "guidance counselor" left me behind on foreign language requirement effectively severely hampering my decision to ever switch colleges.... Also, if said "guidance counselor" never told me that 1 point higher on my ACT would have opened a lot more scholarship doors. If I would have known that, I may have taken the test a second time. Day I went down to register for classes I was only one who took the campus tour cause everyone else had taken college visits. My first visit was the day I signed up for classes (other than a couple football games)

All that being said, a lot depends a lot on the kids background. Not a huge percentage of people who truly value a absolute top tier education....or the perceived value of it real or not.
Us country folk don't always have the same info and resources, lol.

yeah, we didn't have much help in the college prep/scholarship prep arena, did we?

yeah, we didn't have much help in the college prep/scholarship prep arena, did we?

+1

knowing the help we got, and both being bright and from families that valued education, at least to some degree, makes it really easy to realize why there is such a list of qualifying issues with some of these kids. Just no support, not surrounded by people who are "in the know" and while athletically gifted, in some cases maybe not as academically gifted. There are a lot of hoops/hurdles. hard to figure that out when you have high school life taking place, even in what I assume to be relatively good situations such as ours...

We have some out of state kids still on our board with just as good if not better offer lists who may want to be Huskers more than our in-state kid. As I said in another thread, after working so hard to get his dream offer from us and them the tweets about UCLA and Stanford, I don't even care anymore just get it over with and good luck wherever you go.

I could not agree more with this. This has been an odd recruiting year for my opinions on recruits, there have been several kids that I just don't really care for and would rather them go somewhere else in fact. I wouldn't be disappointed necessarily if he was N, but wouldn't mind him going elsewhere either

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back