• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Greg Schiano to Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sounds like some of the star recruits are already starting to bail....

4-star WR Leonte Carroo is going to visit Miami this weekend....and he is a local NJ kid...

Lambert is a local kid who wanted to play at home...I think he stays....even if the coach leaves...

Nebraska kids stayed when Callahan was fired...

Fuller is another thing altogether....

Agree except for the fact that the local kids weren't as highly recruited and NU has a lot more history than rutgers.

Lambert was pretty to the point that staying home was important...and Lambert was very highly recruited as were/are Fuller and Carroo all 4-star rated NJ kids...not to mention two 4-star PA kids within shouting distance of Rutgers...

Not at that time we didn't....two 5-7 seasons over a 4 year span....

Agree except for the fact that the local kids weren't as highly recruited and NU has a lot more history than rutgers.

Last edited:
Personally I call Quanzell Lambert to gauge his interest in Nebraska...time to see how much of his decision was based on Greg Schiano and how much was staying closer to home. Maybe Nebraska finished in a close-enough second so that he may want to re-think? Even though Nebraska has 4 LB'ers committed, IMHO Lambert is as good as any of them and too good to pass up.As for Devin Fuller...I would think the Huskers have a better chance to sign him now as well. While location is a big factor, a program in flux is a huge question mark and deterrent to recruits. Rutgers likely wont have a Head Coach on signing day. This is a good sign.

Lambert is a local kid who wanted to play at home...I think he stays....even if the coach leaves...

Nebraska kids stayed when Callahan was fired...

Fuller is another thing altogether....

1. He was fired. It wasn't leaving for a better job.
2. Nebraska kids knew why he was fired.
3. Nebraska kids didn't mind having a certain individual as the AD (didn't he almost become the mayor or governor or something)

Wasn't counting on Lambert anyways....so if we have room and he wants to come, then great. If he stays, good luck toQL and Rutgers going forward. Would have been a nice job for Carl had it happened earlier. Rutgers class this year was really nice. Looked liked that program was continuing to move in the right direction. Still a school that will be talked about for expansion, sure hope they find a coach who can carry on.

who out there is still available. Mike Stoops is with his brother now isn't he?

I would've love for Turner Gill to get that opportunity as well. He did a good job in Buffalo a few years back.

Last edited:
Florida International coach Mario Cristobal would be a logical target. He was Schiano's offensive line coach from 2001-03 and played a major role in reviving Rutgers by recruiting South Florida. Another former assistant, Darren Rizzi, who left Rutgers to become head coach at Rhode Island and served as an assistant with the Miami Dolphins last season, also could be of interest.

http://rutgers.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1323555

who out there is still available. Mike Stoops is with his brother now isn't he?

I would've love for Turner Gill to get that opportunity as well. He did a good job in Buffalo a few years back.

...Nebraska kids stayed when Callahan was fired...

IIRC - Trevor Robinson de-committed after BC was jettisoned :banana: (sorry, recalling when BC was let go - still inspires celebration)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back