• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Greg Schiano to Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know I am commenting without any first hand knowledge of either position, but I think I would rather coach college than pro.

I agree, but hard to have millions thrown your way instead of a couple hundred thousand and just walk away because of the wholesomeness of the college game. Especially when it's still Rutgers.

Okay, maybe jumped the gun. They just said it is 95% finalized. Not 100%. We shall see.

The Rutgers program will really suffer. He's an outstanding coach each year his teams get better as the year goes on. He's a real players coach from what I've heard and read. I believe Penn State wanted him.
Congratulations to him the college game will miss this guy..a class act.

It looks true, as he has called a staff meeting for 2PM and Rutgers called for a press release later today.

Schiano was supposed to meet with coaches at a powerful New Jersey high school this morning...the high school staff was sitting there waiting, but Schiano never showed up.

I know OU made a late push for Lambert, and you have to think they'll try a hard push with Bob and Mike Stoops. Iowa was also high on his list. We have 4 LB commits so far, but I'd love to have Lambert and think we would have to find a way to make room for him.

Lambert is a local kid who wanted to play at home...I think he stays....even if the coach leaves...

Nebraska kids stayed when Callahan was fired...

Fuller is another thing altogether....

Wasn't counting on Lambert anyways....so if we have room and he wants to come, then great. If he stays, good luck toQL and Rutgers going forward. Would have been a nice job for Carl had it happened earlier. Rutgers class this year was really nice. Looked liked that program was continuing to move in the right direction. Still a school that will be talked about for expansion, sure hope they find a coach who can carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back