• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Greg Schiano to Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really hurts Rutgers, but its a no lose for Schiano. He is already considered a good college coach whose name has been bounced around BCS openings. Now he can go to the NFL and either succeed, or get fired and end up back in college with a BCS school. Nick Saban and Bobby Petrino survived awkward, short NFL coaching stints to have great college success again afterwards. I think he can join Harbaugh as college coaches who transition to good NFL coaches. I like the hire for Tampa Bay, I am a Greg Schiano fan. Really a win-win for Schiano...the money aint bad either folks.

Last edited:
Actually folks forget his parents were pushing Notre Dame the whole time....especially his dad....had nothing to do with Callahan....

Turned out to be a huge mistake on his part....and perhaps he wouldn't have blossomed at Nebraska either....

Think the writing was on the wall.

Last edited:
Really hurts Rutgers, but its a no lose for Schiano. He is already considered a good college coach whose name has been bounced around BCS openings.

Have to smile a little at this, as I got caught with the same thought and then realized that Rutgers is a BCS school! (guess that shows the power of the Big East).

Last edited:
Actually folks forget his parents were pushing Notre Dame the whole time....especially his dad....had nothing to do with Callahan....

Turned out to be a huge mistake on his part....and perhaps he wouldn't have blossomed at Nebraska either....

You think Trevor Robinson had a bad career? He played in 48 games and had 40 starts. He became just the fifth freshman to start on Notre Dame's offensive line since 1972.

You think Trevor Robinson had a bad career? He played in 48 games and had 40 starts. He became just the fifth freshman to start on Notre Dame's offensive line since 1972.

Something tells me we really could have used Trevor Robinson.

Nothing special in my opinion....

Greg Schiano was supposed to be at Don Bosco Preparatory School promptly at 8 a.m. Thursday morning to recruit some key prospects.That never happened.
As scheduled, five Rutgers assistant coaches showed up at the Ramsey, N.J., school, which showcases several highly rated prospects each year. The coaches were focused on securing current commitment Leonte Carroo, a three-star receiver, and Darius Hamilton, a four-star defensive end who is primarily considering the Scarlet Knights and Florida.
"The coaches were kind of shocked," Don Bosco coach Greg Toal said. "They said 'Coach Schiano, he's never late for anything.' "
At first, the coaches thought Schiano might have gotten caught up in another meeting, despite the importance of the Don Bosco appointment.
"They didn't think it was any big deal," Toal said of their initial response. "They didn't know that he was in negotiations or anything like that."

This is the part of things I don't get... I'm thinking it had to do with secrecy/confidentiality surrounding the offer and negotiations.

It's very unfortunate, to the point of being downright wrong. You don't treat people like that.

Nothing special in my opinion....

IMHO he would have started at least 2-years at Nebraska at RG. Sure he is no All-American, but 40 starts is 40 starts. Nebraska could have used him for sure....not to mention Riley Reiff and Dan Hoch.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back