• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Going back and forth on this coaching staff.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beck was asked why he thought Martinez's relationship with the fan base was a little uneasy at times during his career. Here was Beck's response:

"Who in this program doesn't? Who has a great relationship with the fans in this program? I think there's a lot of players, coaches - it's just the way (fans) are. It seems a lot of times when (players) do good, (fans) like them, and when they don't do good they don't like them. I guess that's just the definition of a fan. But it is what it is. I don't know why. I really don't. I think the young man has done an awful lot for this program and gave his heart and soul for it, like a lot of guys have done. It is what it is, I guess."

Can there be any doubt these coachs like to play in empty stadiums and with out tv coverage? Why do the coaches attack the fans? It goes back to the honeymoon period for Bo, attacking fans at the Kansas game for not cheering loud enough. Im really tired of the them vs us cult he has created.

Now we have the fans being blamed by Beck.

Can there be any doubt these coachs like to play in empty stadiums and with out tv coverage? Why do the coaches attack the fans? It goes back to the honeymoon period for Bo, attacking fans at the Kansas game for not cheering loud enough. Im really tired of the them vs us cult he has created.

Now we have the fans being blamed by Beck.

Not sure what the heck Beck was thinking there.... I guess he finally let his true feelings show. I agree, the "us vs. them" is getting very old. It's really caused a split in the Husker fan base on what to do with the coaches that's for sure.

I will not make my official judgement on this staff until after the bowl game. I want to see if this staff can get this team to the point where they can win a bowl game and have positive momentum for next season.

I'm in the same boat, I like Bo but it appears the feelings are not mutual from Bo and Staff, they don't care what the fans think then please go and we will try again for someone who can handle the heat better. This young staff is in over their heads so again please leave...

Yep... finally got them back. ;) I don't post too much on here. Kind of just enjoy reading what more insightful people than myself have to say about things.

You had a good post, don't let trolls get to you. I rarely post, either, due to the internet tough guys and total know it alls on here.

I've been pretty critical of Bo and his friends that he has chosen for coordinators. It seems he didn't even do a search before he promoted JP.

Still, if you look back, 2010 his team had to face the Big 12 for the final time. His team took the brunt of ire for Osborne's decision to leave that conference. And the then B1G rewarded Nebraska with two seasons where they faced the best of the conference. Those 3 seasons had to be a grind.

His teams have suffered bad, bad losses. His teams have fallen to double digit underdogs. And his teams have lost to unranked teams. The flip side is that he's winning at a better than decent rate.

As far as recruting, it's been a bit better than average. I'd prefer that we were in recruiting races with Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, USC, Notre Dame, Oregon and the like as apposed to Indiana, Kansas State, Iowa, Kentucky, and the rest of the 2nd tier teams out there.

It's easy to see why fans go back and forth. We have a guy in here that has 6 years of experience, a guy who's learning from mistakes, a guy the players seem to enjoy.

The tough thing to know is, will he get better, or is this who he is for the long haul. Is this Nebraska Football? If so, I still like the "N" on the helmet.
Excellent post.

It is easy to see why there is a controversy about this whole issue. One thing that puts me over the hump toward retaining this staff is that, in many cases that I have observed, a coach that has experienced some tough times learn from that and corrects deficiencies to become a much better coach. I think that the University has invested a great deal in the "internship" of this staff and believe that we need to find out whether that has been a wise investment or a bad one. I honestly understand those who do not wish to keep these coaches to find out, even though I disagree with that move.

I search for the places that have indicated improvement and can find quite a few. If you search for the negative, you can also find those. Being an eternal optimist, I find more of the former than the latter. Those who tend to dwell on the negative will be just the opposite, hence we have conflicting views on what needs to be done.

You had a good post, don't let trolls get to you. I rarely post, either, due to the internet tough guys and total know it alls on here.

Thanks. I don't let it bother me. I figure a positive response is the only way to handle that kind of stuff. It only adds fuel to the fire by going their route. It's a discussion board, so it's nice to be able to stick to the topic at hand.

I too have been going back and forth on this staff. I must admit I have more critical the past few weeks since the Minnesota game. I too need the season to be completed before making a final decision. Right now I lean towards keeping Bo. I agree there are things that have needed to be fixed which have been not fixed is why I have been critical. I would hope Bo would make some changes prior to next year to show he realizes things need to be fixed going forward.

I too have been going back and forth on this staff. I must admit I have more critical the past few weeks since the Minnesota game. I too need the season to be completed before making a final decision. Right now I lean towards keeping Bo. I agree there are things that have needed to be fixed which have been not fixed is why I have been critical. I would hope Bo would make some changes prior to next year to show he realizes things need to be fixed going forward.

Hey denisonred, are you hearing much from Iowa fans on what they think about the game Friday? Here around Des Moines they are pretty confident that this is their year to beat us. I can't really disagree too much, due to the teams that they have lost too. It should be a good game. Probably a close one.

Don't let the cry babies get you down. A lot of the people that want Bo gone have decided to resort to the nuclear option. Instead of maturely discussing the issues they throw themselves on the ground, throw a temper tantrum and wait for HP or ADSE to give them what they want.

I can't make up my mind if I want this coaching staff to stay or not. I've been going back and forth all season on it. I think, though, that I've come to the conclusion that I'd like to see this young coaching staff stay. I think these guys are still growing, and soon may become very good coaches. It's nice to finally have some continuity in a staff, and with our young athletic players I think we might be able to get over the hump. The one thing that I can't understand is how we can't get better in the turnovers and the special teams areas. I guess we'll see what happens after the Iowa game. Being in central Iowa, we better win this one too! I'll never hear the end of it from my wife & friends! Go Big Red!

I'm still not sure about JP, but otherwise I like the growth I've seen in the staff this year. Certainly not a finished product and not the group TO had for so long that spoiled me rotten, but I'm good with letting 'em stay and see what they can do. There is some good young talent in this group.

I've been pretty critical of Bo and his friends that he has chosen for coordinators. It seems he didn't even do a search before he promoted JP.

Still, if you look back, 2010 his team had to face the Big 12 for the final time. His team took the brunt of ire for Osborne's decision to leave that conference. And the then B1G rewarded Nebraska with two seasons where they faced the best of the conference. Those 3 seasons had to be a grind.

His teams have suffered bad, bad losses. His teams have fallen to double digit underdogs. And his teams have lost to unranked teams. The flip side is that he's winning at a better than decent rate.

As far as recruting, it's been a bit better than average. I'd prefer that we were in recruiting races with Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama, USC, Notre Dame, Oregon and the like as apposed to Indiana, Kansas State, Iowa, Kentucky, and the rest of the 2nd tier teams out there.

It's easy to see why fans go back and forth. We have a guy in here that has 6 years of experience, a guy who's learning from mistakes, a guy the players seem to enjoy.

The tough thing to know is, will he get better, or is this who he is for the long haul. Is this Nebraska Football? If so, I still like the "N" on the helmet.

Great post! My injection would be that it's very hard for NU to pull the best of the best from states such as Ohio, Texas, Florida, Alabama, and Cali, when all of them have at least one if not several traditional powerhouse programs in state! I do think Ross Ells' duties (recruiting coordinator, special teams, and linebackers) need to be divided into 3 full time positions. However, with the very recent success of players (David, Burkhead, Abdullah, to name a few) it is irresponsible to say that we don't recruit well out of state. Recruiting is akin to gambling in that the good ones always play the odds, but you never know whose gonna win until it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back