• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia...

Not seeing how the OP is incorrect here.

Gebbia, had he remained, would have had the opportunity to lead this team to a win today. He may have had the opportunity to do so for several games coming up, if not for the season.
Any second string player is one snap away from starting.
Holy crap. Redmachine is back. Good to see you, bro.

This isn't a personal attack. If you re-read HiO's post, he's putting most of the blame on whoever was giving Gebbia advice. That person has more life experience than Gebbia and should have understood how the decision Gebbia was about to make could very quickly turn out badly.

But what do you think this thread will turn into?

It will become a Gebbia bash session. It's already there in the game thread. This thread was not started to discuss the person giving Gebbia advice. And I guarantee you this thread is going to go many pages quickly --- and get ugly. Even if I fully depart (which is my plan now).

Last edited:

Running a speed option with your only scholarship QB was quite interesting. Not mad at them not bleeding clock, it's who we are.

Live by the sword...overall I was happy to see the progress we made. The defense looked better than I expected.

Not seeing how the OP is incorrect here.

Gebbia, had he remained, would have had the opportunity to lead this team to a win today. He may have had the opportunity to do so for several games coming up, if not for the season.
Any second string player is one snap away from starting.
He's not incorrect that Gebbia would have played in this game if he stayed. He's incorrect that Gebbia should have stayed hoping that a guy in front of him gets injured to help him fulfill his dreams of being a starting QB.

Not really sure how that is hard to understand that for a QB that is a flawed thought process. Any other position on the field, fine, you stay. Not QB.

Last edited:

He's not incorrect that Gebbia would have played in this game if he stayed. He's incorrect that Gebbia should have stayed hoping that a guy in front of him gets injured to help him fulfill his dreams of being a starting QB.

Not really sure how that is hard to understand that for a QB that is a flawed thought process. Any other position on the field, fine, you stay. Not QB.

Maybe if you're 3rd string or worse, sure. Second string? In a close competition? With the style of offense being run? True freshman in front of you?

Man, all of those reasons scream stick it out to me.

None of this matters.

Gebbia transferred, he's gone.

Gotta hope Martinez injury is mild, or entire season is lost. That's not an overstatement by any means.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back