• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Further proof HS rankings are crap

ThrowFar60

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Tough to even hide the bias at this point. On3 had Dylan as a 5* and a top 5 player in the country all season long. In their “final rankings” they bump him to a 4* and drop him to number 71 in the country.

None of it matters anymore now that he’s here, just laughable how some of these “experts” don’t even attempt to hide their bias.

I’m sure the drop had nothing to do with him spurning Georgia for Nebraska at all

Tough to even hide the bias at this point. On3 had Dylan as a 5* and a top 5 player in the country all season long. In their “final rankings” they bump him to a 4* and drop him to number 71 in the country.

None of it matters anymore now that he’s here, just laughable how some of these “experts” don’t even attempt to hide their bias.

I’m sure the drop had nothing to do with him spurning Georgia for Nebraska at all

One thing they can't change, the tape. I haven't seen 70 players that will be more Impactful, show the poise and can throw 70+yards accurately.
On3 has many things to fix.
Throwing 70+ yards is Comparable to running a 4.2 forty.

Last edited:

Only reason for down grading him was that he signed with Nebraska. Had he stuck with GA he would still be proclaimed as the next coming and the best thing since canned beer. They can take their obviously biased ratings and cram them where the sun doesn’t shine.

Only reason for down grading him was that he signed with Nebraska. Had he stuck with GA he would still be proclaimed as the next coming and the best thing since canned beer. They can take their obviously biased ratings and cram them where the sun doesn’t shine.
His explanation on why is hilarious.

First he said it's because Dylan had negative rushing yards and just isn't mobile enough. When it was pointed out all of the other QB's that have been drafted high (the ranking guy's sole metric for ranking is projected draft pick), he said "I mean coming out of hs, not college." Then he got hit with other hs qb's with similar rushing numbers and he said "well, I've watched the games and he isn't mobile enough". Then he got hit with his own words from 18 months ago saying "Dylan is more mobile than expected, a pleasant surprise".

He got destroyed on message board and made it all the more obvious he's an SEC homer.

First he said it's because Dylan had negative rushing yards and just isn't mobile enough. When it was pointed out all of the other QB's that have been drafted high (the ranking guy's sole metric for ranking is projected draft pick), he said "I mean coming out of hs, not college." Then he got hit with other hs qb's with similar rushing numbers and he said "well, I've watched the games and he isn't mobile enough". Then he got hit with his own words from 18 months ago saying "Dylan is more mobile than expected, a pleasant surprise".

He got destroyed on message board and made it all the more obvious he's an SEC homer.
Confirms my distrust of this industry

Whoever their national guys are best put it together. I used to think they may be spread too thin, but its appearing more and more they're spread too biasedly

The funny part is they actually think this kind of bias doesn’t impact them financially. Georgia (SEC) fans don’t buy subscriptions because they snub DR, but ask Sipple or Callahan if they think it pushes Husker fans to other outlets. I don’t see a need to spend money there going forward. There is no need to reward them for playing childish games.

Whoever their national guys are best put it together. I used to think they may be spread too thin, but its appearing more and more they're spread too biasedly
This was their national guy. He's the one that personally dropped Dylan. He also thought a good defense was "we were the first to rate him the #1 QB in the country".

Obviously that just further proves the bias. If he was so good when he was going to OSU and then GA...what happened when he played against some of the best high school talent in the country and threw for 63% with 1 INT? "Oh he wasn't mobile enough so drop him 70 places".

The funny part is they actually think this kind of bias doesn’t impact them financially. Georgia (SEC) fans don’t buy subscriptions because they snub DR, but ask Sipple or Callahan if they think it pushes Husker fans to other outlets. I don’t see a need to spend money there going forward. There is no need to reward them for playing childish games.
I canceled my sub. earlier this week there.

exactly.. that and NU is not part of the SEC.

This was their national guy. He's the one that personally dropped Dylan. He also thought a good defense was "we were the first to rate him the #1 QB in the country".

Obviously that just further proves the bias. If he was so good when he was going to OSU and then GA...what happened when he played against some of the best high school talent in the country and threw for 63% with 1 INT? "Oh he wasn't mobile enough so drop him 70 places".
And we all watched that film and that porous O line. Whoever is running the show better hit shuffle

I think we all love DR because he is our QB but I would have to say his YPG is kind of pedestrian. His TD to Int ratio is amazing. He needs to develop still. But yes, recruiting ratings have their flaws.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back