• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost set for at least 4 more years

Our recruiting rankings the last 5 years need to be taken with an enormous grain of salt. Whatever ranked number is assigned should have a huge asterisk next to it. Yes all teams lose players, and I don't have the data for comparison, but it seems we've lost more than our fair share of players after signing day. It's obvious but we gotta keep em here if we expect development.

It will get better now that we have what appears to be a competent AD and a coach with a good amount of leeway. HC turnover can't be underestimated, even when the coach needs to go. There is still fallout that only time and consistency can repair.
Not sure how many but it’s a small number that are still around from Frost’s first recruiting class. He did a great job considering the time he had and he was preparing for a big bowl game. Unfortunately too many just didn’t hang around too long. It’s going to get better but losing 9 of 11 one score games needs to change and I believe it will.

But don't those same "cold, hard realities " exist for all programs ?

Unfortunately, no. You’ve probably seen this if you continued to read through the thread, but in a nutshell:

All programs do not have a new OC.
We only got in 2 spring practices, other teams got in as many as 8.
Since we are still at the early stages of developing our program, we are at a disadvantage to other teams that have had the same program in place for a long time.

The reason why I say what I did was because losing didn't bother me enough when I coached. I didn't want to put the time in that was necessary to really be good. That is why I was never anything other than an assistant. I didn't want to put HC time into things, and I was OK with that. Now I am not saying that MR didn't work long hours and prepare his team properly. But he probably didn't fight for things very hard and let SE dictate things. It wasn't his idea to get rid of Banker. It wasn't his idea to be doing rugby tackling. It wasn't his idea to curtail different aspects of lifting. He was just happy to be coaching football.
And at doubled the money he made at OSU

Unfortunately, no. You’ve probably seen this if you continued to read through the thread, but in a nutshell:

All programs do not have a new OC.
We only got in 2 spring practices, other teams got in as many as 8.
Since we are still at the early stages of developing our program, we are at a disadvantage to other teams that have had the same program in place for a long time.
LOL...does the new guy suck? Was the old guy that much better? Heck, I thought Frost went out of his way to hire a guy that meets our needs right NOW, not a year or more from now.

Time and Money. Those are the keys to long term success. We have the second and are hopefully going to see progress to buy more of the first.

As soon as we know the answers to these questions we will be there:
1. What play will gain us 3 yards for sure?
2. What do we do with those who aren't 100% in to still develop them individually and get the most for our team from them without seeing our locker room collapse and/or the player just transfer? When do we keep fishing and when do we cut bait?
3. How can we be sure we win way more recruiting battles than we lose with other teams in the west?

That'll set us for a lot more than 4 years, I think.

What's he been doing for months? SF hired him because he knows the offense...very little change needed, if any. No more lame excuses.

Watching video is not the same as working with your guys in person, e.g. spring practice. It still puts us at a disadvantage to most other teams.

No more denying reality.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back