• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost set for at least 4 more years

Sounds like your a devoted fan of the Huskers THATS AWESOME. Yet what you have done is EXACTLY like me criticizing the job you did at your “job” ——I could theoretically do it easily but I would be totally unqualified to say the least. It would be laughable because I have never been in your position. I have personally witnessed over 225 husker games at memorial stadium. The only thing that qualifies me to be is a fan. GBR. Oh and thank you sir for your service to this great nation
Oh you big lug...I can't stay mad at you!

I'm bracing for another disappointing season and hoping for the best. Our lack of practice and bowls the last three years hurts our progress. Scott also needs to grow as a coach to help our team.

I want to see improvement on the field this year. Bowl eligibility would be awesome.

But I also think we need to recognize the challenges that the pandemic has created for this team. No bowl practices. S&C curtailed. Uncertain nutrition. No Spielman (probably.) No spring practices = way less time for redshirts coming off the bench, new guys and new OC to gel.

These are not excuses, but cold, hard realities.

In this context, improvement on the field, even if not reflected in our W-L record, is what I’m looking for.

(Assuming there is a season.)
Other than the bowl practices, same issues every other team in college football is dealing with.

Sounds like your a devoted fan of the Huskers THATS AWESOME. Yet what you have done is EXACTLY like me criticizing the job you did at your “job” ——I could theoretically do it easily but I would be totally unqualified to say the least. It would be laughable because I have never been in your position. I have personally witnessed over 225 husker games at memorial stadium. The only thing that qualifies me to be is a fan. GBR. Oh and thank you sir for your service to this great nation

at what level do you think a fan is qualified? It seems to me you are assuming that nobody, outside of another coach, has the qualifications/knowledge to criticize?

Last edited:
at what level do you think a fan is qualified? It seems to me you are assuming that nobody, outside of another coach, has the qualifications/knowledge to criticize?
First, answer this question: In general who would be qualified to criticize you, to judge you?

I guess it all boils down to validity. I always talk to my son about “the source” ...... what is the source of news, and in this case, what is the source of criticism.
Dont get me wrong we ALL have the right to say what we want .... it’s a constitutional right, so I’m not commenting on your right to say what you say. I would die protecting that right. I just think it laughable that some people THINK they are qualified.

Last edited:
First, answer this question: In general who would be qualified to criticize you, to judge you?

I guess it all boils down to validity. I always talk to my son about “the source” ...... what is the source of news, and in this case, what is the source of criticism.
Dont get me wrong we ALL have the right to say what we want .... it’s a constitutional right, so I’m not commenting on your right to say what you say. I would die protecting that right. I just think it laughable that some people THINK they are qualified.

Criticizing me at my job is totally different than coaching football.. totally different. Well, wait a sec, most kids nowadays, would be able to criticize my job/work ability. I am a software engineer, a lot kids today grow up doing this kind of work.. just like me, growing up being around football since I was old enough to throw a ball. Of course that is not saying my football knowledge is on par with Frosts, but it doesn't have to be to criticize certain aspects.

In my opinion, it doesn't take TO to see some of the deficiencies and call them out.

Just my opinions..

Criticizing me at my job is totally different than coaching football.. totally different. Well, wait a sec, most kids nowadays, would be able to criticize my job/work ability. I am a software engineer, a lot kids today grow up doing this kind of work.. just like me, growing up being around football since I was old enough to throw a ball. Of course that is not saying my football knowledge is on par with Frosts, but it doesn't have to be to criticize certain aspects.

In my opinion, it doesn't take TO to see some of the deficiencies and call them out.

Just my opinions..
It’s all about validity my friend VALIDITY!
You would have to agree Sir that there is a huge difference (in validity) between criticism from your peers (Who have practical and specific knowledge of your performance) and some person that knows very little about software engineering ..... critiquing you’re performance and tactics. Which would be valid criticism?
It would be an understatement to say that your knowledge is not on par with frosts ( I would venture to say that not many do) THAT my friend is a perfect example of what I’m saying - I have no idea of your football knowledge Yet I am free to criticize but I would say my criticism has no validity.
There are “many people On here that have expertise in the art of coaching And I love their insight “because they have validity“ being coaches or ex coaches themselves.

I'd agree with you if the Huskers were the only team affected. Sub-500 in year 3 would be a real problem on more than just a fan level, gotta believe recruits don't dig losing seasons and no bowls. I gave Frost and his staff a pass on year 1, was really disappointed in year 2 and won't excuse being out coached and losing to teams we have a talent advantage over in year 3.
No more Riley's mess excuse. And I'm tired "Next Year".

If losing record in year 3, then Huskers will join Kansas, Rutgers, Oregon St, UTEP, etc club.

It’s all about validity my friend VALIDITY!
You would have to agree Sir that there is a huge difference (in validity) between criticism from your peers (Who have practical and specific knowledge of your performance) and some person that knows very little about software engineering ..... critiquing you’re performance and tactics. Which would be valid criticism?
It would be an understatement to say that your knowledge is not on par with frosts ( I would venture to say that not many do) THAT my friend is a perfect example of what I’m saying - I have no idea of your football knowledge Yet I am free to criticize but I would say my criticism has no validity.
There are “many people On here that have expertise in the art of coaching And I love their insight “because they have validity“ being coaches or ex coaches themselves.

but you are discounting anyone that has not been a coach, saying you can't possible have a valid argument. That is wrong.. the same argument was used by ex-players.. They said, well, since you never played football you don't understand.. Well, that is not true. There are coaches, at the highest levels, that never played football.. How did they become coaches without playing football, how could they possibly know about the game of football, when they never played?

Saying a fan has no validity, and that only ex/current coaches do, is wrong.

Of course my performance is only seen by my peers, but if it was televised for all to see, there would be many that would criticize and many that are not current developers, but have experience in the area that could have a valid argument.

Ok, that is all I have to say, not trying to argue. :)

Last edited:
but you are discounting anyone that has not been a coach, saying you can't possible have a valid argument. That is wrong.. the same argument was used by ex-players.. They said, well, since you never played football you don't understand.. Well, that is not true. There are coaches, at the highest levels, that never played football.. How did they become coaches without playing football, how could they possibly know about the game of football, when they never played?

Saying a fan has no validity, and that only ex/current coaches do, is wrong.

Of course my performance is only seen by my peers, but if it was televised for all to see, there would be many that would criticize and many that are not current developers, but have experience in the area that could have a valid argument.

Ok, that is all I have to say, not trying to argue. :)
The great thing about this forum: we can agree to disagree. The important thing to remember; we are Both passionate about husker football And love, support, and cheer for our beloved Huskers. Go Big Red my friend

Curious if you had the same thoughts when Riley was coach.

As someone who has coached a lot of HS football. All I will ever say about MR is that he was the wrong fit for Nebraska and past his prime. I will never question his football knowledge. I am sure he knew a lot about coaching football. You never get to that level without knowing a lot.

Truly great football coaches or any coaches for that matter have 1 thing in common. They hate to lose. Everyone wants to win that is easy to want. But really good coaches hate to lose. The losing bothers them a lot more than the joy they get out of winning. They remember the loses more than the wins. That is why they do everything possible to not lose. Losing didn't bother MR enough. He just liked coaching football and being around the game. He is probably a much better adjusted person than Sabin or Meyer is.

As someone who has coached a lot of HS football. All I will ever say about MR is that he was the wrong fit for Nebraska and past his prime. I will never question his football knowledge. I am sure he knew a lot about coaching football. You never get to that level without knowing a lot.

Truly great football coaches or any coaches for that matter have 1 thing in common. They hate to lose. Everyone wants to win that is easy to want. But really good coaches hate to lose. The losing bothers them a lot more than the joy they get out of winning. They remember the loses more than the wins. That is why they do everything possible to not lose. Losing didn't bother MR enough. He just liked coaching football and being around the game. He is probably a much better adjusted person than Sabin or Meyer is.

While I can't say you're wrong, I don't believe anyone other than Riley himself (and probably his wife) knows how much losing bothered him. There's a lot of really bad coaches that also hate to lose. Personally, I don't think any coach doesn't mind losing. Now, some may express their frustrations differently than others, but how we perceive and interpret isn't necessarily reality.

I'm actually not yet convinced Frost is the right fit either. And if he wasn't a Nebraska native/former Husker, a lot of people would be questioning that. Again, 2020 will tell us a lot. GBR.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back