• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Frost and Staff Are Closed Well / 18 of 30 OVs Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Updated OP to reflect the total number of OVs before signing day that have been used during this academic calendar year was 56. That means the staff can have 6 OVs to use during the Spring Game or later in the spring. Those OVs are available since Riley only used 50 OVs during the last academic calendar year.

Also, removed all names from the 'Still Might Visit' list.

With the final weekend for 2018 recruits to take OVs before signing day, here are some things to consider with Frost and his staff.

-It's been mentioned before that in the first two weekends on the job, that Frost and staff closed on 10-14 recruits who came on OVs (one of those was Tate Wildeman).

-Since the dead period ended in January, Frost and staff hosted 11 more recruits on OVs and 4 of those have committed (Dominick Watt just before his OV) and 1 committed elsewhere. Of the 6 who are still deciding, Cameron Taylor and Matthew Tago are heavy leans; Javontae Jean-Baptiste is another lean, but A&M is trying to make a play; and Taiyon Palmer, Caleb Tannor, and Jarrett Bell are still in play, but things don't look as certain. And let's not forget, that JUCO Mike Williams cancelled his OV to enroll instead and transfer Breon Dixon chose Nebraska when he first arrived to campus.

-Scholarship recruit OT Jalan Robinson, who was just offered on Monday, just finished up an unofficial visit today which meant NU didn't have to use an OV on him, and Corbin Frederick from Texas came on an unofficial and committed as a walk-on. Robinson who is from Lawrence, KS, is heading to Miss. State this weekend for an OV, but his mom would really like him to go to NU and his basketball coach is an NU Alum who bleeds Husker Red.

-Tomorrow marks the the beginning of the final OVs before signing day. Of the 5 recruits coming to NU, Maurice Washington is a Nebraska lean and is expected to be a heavier lean once he gets on campus. Meanwhile, looking at the others, Mike Schaefer put his pick in on Dec. 27 for Andre Hunt to choose NU, and Sam McKewon put his pick in yesterday morning for Otito Ogbonnia to choose NU. I would expect some to become Nebraska leans after their visit. For instance, Willie Canty received his very first offer last spring from Scott Frost and his staff while they were at UCF.

-Only looking at the 25 OVs that have happened since Frost took over, the staff has closed on 14 of 25, which is 56%. On national signing day, NU will have had 30 OVs with Frost's staff. If they only get commitments from 5 more recruits who came on OVs since they took over, they will have closed on 63.3% of their visits. They could get 7 more commitments which would put them at 70%.

Whether they get 5, 6, or 7 more recruits, this staff has definitely shown us what they can do in a short amount of time on the job...62 days. I'm looking forward to what they will do with 365 days while having an exciting and competitive product on the field.

Last edited:
With the final weekend for 2018 recruits to take OVs before signing day, here are some things to consider with Frost and his staff.

-It's been mentioned before that in the first two weekends on the job, that Frost and staff closed on 10-14 recruits who came on OVs (one of those was Tate Wildeman).

-Since the dead period ended in January, Frost and staff hosted 11 more recruits on OVs and 4 of those have committed (Dominick Watt just before his OV) and 1 committed elsewhere. Of the 6 who are still deciding, Cameron Taylor and Matthew Tago are heavy leans; Javontae Jean-Baptiste is another lean, but A&M is trying to make a play; and Taiyon Palmer, Caleb Tannor, and Jarrett Bell are still in play, but things don't look as certain. And let's not forget, that JUCO Mike Williams cancelled his OV to enroll instead and transfer Breon Dixon chose Nebraska when he first arrived to campus.

-Scholarship recruit OT Jalan Robinson, who was just offered on Monday, just finished up an unofficial visit today which meant NU didn't have to use an OV on him, and Corbin Frederick from Texas came on an unofficial and committed as a walk-on. Robinson who is from Lawrence, KS, is heading to Miss. State this weekend for an OV, but his mom would really like him to go to NU and his basketball coach is an NU Alum who bleeds Husker Red.

-Tomorrow marks the the beginning of the final OVs before signing day. Of the 5 recruits coming to NU, Maurice Washington is a Nebraska lean and is expected to be a heavier lean once he gets on campus. Meanwhile, looking at the others, Mike Schaefer put his pick in on Dec. 27 for Andre Hunt to choose NU, and Same McKewon put his pick in yesterday morning for Otito Ogbonnia to choose NU. I would expect some to become Nebraska leans after their visit. For instance, Willie Canty received his very first offer last spring from Scott Frost and his staff while they were at UCF.

-Only looking at the 25 OVs that have happened since Frost took over, the staff has closed on 14 of 25, which is 56%. On national signing day, NU will have had 30 OVs with Frost's staff. If they only get commitments from 5 more recruits who came on OVs since they took over, they will have closed on 63.3% of their visits. They could get 7 more commitments which would put them at 70%.

Whether they get 5, 6, or 7 more recruits, this staff has definitely shown us what they can do in a short amount of time on the job...62 days. I'm looking forward to what they will do with 365 days while having an exciting and competitive product on the field.

Thanks for keeping tabs and consolidating all the info that we shotgun everywhere! Much appreciated!

Incredible closing by this staff. It truly will be exciting spring and fall next year with all the developments of the team and recruiting!

Updated the OP to reflect that Masry Mapieu will not be signing with Nebraska because of academic reasons as many were expecting. This allows the staff to 5-8 more recruits as Frost has said that the class could end up being 24-27 in size.

Updated OP to reflect that Norwood will no longer be visiting since someone has committed.
Updated OP to reflect the total number of OVs before signing day that have been used during this academic calendar year was 56. That means the staff can have 6 OVs to use during the Spring Game or later in the spring. Those OVs are available since Riley only used 50 OVs during the last academic calendar year.

Also, removed all names from the 'Still Might Visit' list.
Updated the OP to reflect that Masry Mapieu will not be signing with Nebraska because of academic reasons as many were expecting. This allows the staff to 5-8 more recruits as Frost has said that the class could end up being 24-27 in size.
Can we call this thread "Updated OP"? It just rolls right off the tongue.

I walked by the Stadium last night... it was all lit up. I couldn't see the video boards, but you could tell they were playing video from the reflections off of Hamilton Hall.

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K!"

EDIT: no, I was not walking my dog. I do thing I saw Coach Austin walking at the NW corner, but I couldn't tell who he was with, the people were shorter than him and I was driving.

Last edited:

So you updated OP to reflect that Tago is a Beaver? :Biggrin:
Nope...I changed the very first post in this thread to show that he was a UCLA decommit and that he had taken OVs to some other schools to now show that the young man has made a life changing decision to go to Oregon State.

It's much more detailed now than it was before. Really, it is. If it changes back to being easier, I will certainly let you know, Mr. Shark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back