• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Frost and Staff Are Closed Well / 18 of 30 OVs Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Updated OP to reflect WR Dominick Watt is N!!! He is scheduled for his OV on February 2. Watt was supposed to take on OV to Pitt this weekend.

We will see what this means for WRs John Jackson, Andre Hunt, and Nikko Hall...all three were supposed to have an OV on Feb 2 as well. The staff closed on a WR before these OVs happened. Looks like the other 3 may have new plans on Feb. 2. We shall see.

Last edited:

Updated OP to reflect the OVs of OT Doug Johnson and OT Joshua Ezeudu this weekend.

Glad to see Johnson getting another opportunity for an OV ... thought that I had read on one of the threads that he saw Nebraska as 'dream' opportunity and had cycled through an On and then Off an OV at least once.

Any ideas why the staff circled back so quickly on the OV?

Not sure if this is right thread to post this in, but Mike Schaefer was just on Sharp and Benning and he said that it's looking like Masry Mapieu might be going to Iowa Western, although he didn't say it directly. I was kind of reading between the lines on what he was saying. He did say that Masry might still sign with Nebraska but it's uncertain.

Last edited:
Glad to see Johnson getting another opportunity for an OV ... thought that I had read on one of the threads that he saw Nebraska as 'dream' opportunity and had cycled through an On and then Off an OV at least once.

Any ideas why the staff circled back so quickly on the OV?
It could be what they know about other OL recruits on the board. Also, the Watt commit may have freed up a few OVs from WRs that are scheduled to visit on Feb. 2. All speculation on my part.

Not sure if this is right thread to post this in, but Mike Schaefer was just on Sharp and Benning and he said that it's looking like Masry Mapieu might be going to Iowa Western, although he didn't say it directly. I was kind of reading between the lines on what he was saying.
If that's the case, we may see DT Otito-Ogbonnia or someone else get an OV or someone else. I know the staff would love to get DT Michael Thompson in on an OV and get him in this class.

Nate Clouse just said on Sports Nightly that the OL recruits weren't brought in this weekend because Jarrett Bell is set to announce on Monday and things look really good for NU.

Updated OP to reflect that NU commit WR Dominick Watt has moved his OV up to weekend of 1/26 from weekend of 2/2.

Last edited:
Updated OP to reflect that CB Braxton Clark is N!

This staff continues to close on recruits and remains efficient in working their plan!

Updated OP to relect the OV of WR/CB Kendrick Torain from Tampa, FL, on 2/2.

He is a UCLA decommit who NU offered on 12/28. He named the NU his leader today...has also visited South Florida & Louisville and plans to take an OV to Maryland this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back