• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frankie's return to Lincoln

Lavaman

Rebel Scum
10 Year Member
I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I haven't seen anything on it yet.

The Huskers will be playing the University of Ohio in 2026, the first meeting between the two schools. I know it's years away, but I look forward to seeing Frankie honored by both schools, as he should be retired by then. It is long overdue for his homecoming.

http://www.klin.com/2020/02/13/husk...-including-home-and-home-with-oklahoma-state/

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I haven't seen anything on it yet.

The Huskers will be playing the University of Ohio in 2026, the first meeting between the two schools. I know it's years away, but I look forward to seeing Frankie honored by both schools, as he should be retired by then. It is long overdue for his homecoming.

http://www.klin.com/2020/02/13/husk...-including-home-and-home-with-oklahoma-state/
I saw the same thing - I doubt Solich will still be coaching in six years, but who knows. Either way, I hope they honor Fearless Frankie at that game.

Per my avatar Frankie said my congrats is all he needed, but thanks for the 2026 offer

It is hard to believe that FS has been at Ohio for 15 years. He's had 2 losing seasons (both in his first 4 years) and 2 others at 6-6. He's also been to 5 consecutive bowl games.

He's the all-time leader in MAC conference history for games coached and games won. He's the only Ohio coach with a winning % greater than 0.500. Only two other coaches Bill Hess (Ohio - '62 to '77) and Herm Deromedi (C. Michigan '78 to '93) have coached longer (16 years) than Frank.

Frank also leads the conference in bowl games coached and tied for bowl games won.

I've been a frequent critic of his tenure at Nebraska but I have to think that he's put together a Hall of Fame career at Ohio especially given the circumstances he inherited and sustained level of success he's achieved!

1581703113621.png

Last edited:

Interestingly FS will be 76 this September. Looking at his list of coaches Tim Albin is the only coach with Nebraska connections on Frank's staff. TA is their Associate Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back