• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former Husker/Beaver QB Tristan Gebbia transfers to Ohio St.

First thing I wondered it 'Did they give him a scholly?'

Second thing was 'Day is screwing the pooch if they've neglected the QB room to that level'

Nothing against Gebbia, but if you're not able to be a full time starter at the little OSU, uhhhhhhhh.
Hard to get guys when your constantly bringing in the #1 or #2 rated high school QB, who have to play 3 years before leaving to the NFL.

Hard to get guys when your constantly bringing in the #1 or #2 rated high school QB, who have to play 3 years before leaving to the NFL.

Hard to keep guys and have a full room, but they seem to have done OK.

Wouldn’t a really good walk on kid from Ohio serve the same purpose?

Hard to keep guys and have a full room, but they seem to have done OK.

Wouldn’t a really good walk on kid from Ohio serve the same purpose?
Hard to find kids with P5 starting experience, 6 years of college experience, 2 different P5 programs, multiple different OCs/QBs and offensive systems … he’s a bit of a unicorn that really good walk-ons don’t measure up to … and he’s only a one year commitment.

Again, Gebbia was the full-time starter -- until injury sidelined him for over a year-and-a-half. Pretty hard to get your job back with that much time lost -- and a Beavers team that played well regardless.

I don't expect him to start and may not even play at all for Ohio State. I have to assume Ryan Day knows what he's doing. He's likely wanting to add Gebbia for his maturity, with the other QBs on the roster all freshmen or sophomores -- and no one with more than 20 pass attempts on his career.

That makes sense. Wonder if Gebbia is knowledgeable enough to be an unofficial coaching assistant? If so, not a bad use of a scholly.

Hard to find kids with P5 starting experience, 6 years of college experience, 2 different P5 programs, multiple different OCs/QBs and offensive systems … he’s a bit of a unicorn that really good walk-ons don’t measure up to … and he’s only a one year commitment.

I get it, but seems you could get similar talent (minus the experience) from a kid who'd likely stick and give you 3 or 4.

Good for him.

I get it, but seems you could get similar talent (minus the experience) from a kid who'd likely stick and give you 3 or 4.

Good for him.
I suspect Ryan Day doesn’t want a 3 or 4 year walk-on kid. They (tOSU) knows they can get a CJ Stroud kind of kid whenever they want. Very few Raoila’s walk away.

One of those kind of guys plus maybe another in the wings is enough for their playing time requirements. Beyond that they probably want roster flexibility.

Remember they had Joe Burrow who left because he was going to be behind Haskins. Plus with the portal and NIL player movement is at an all-time high.

Maybe Day seeing what he has, and if not good enough will be gone by fall

Maybe Day wants him on the OSU roster so he didn’t possibly join another conference team.

hmm-arsenio-hall.gif

Last edited:

Maybe Day wants him on the OSU roster so he didn’t possibly join another conference team.

hmm-arsenio-hall.gif
Hmmm NAH

TG isn't THAT good, and if he's playing significant meaningful snaps for tOSU then they're not in the conference/national title discussion.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back