• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former Husker/Beaver QB Tristan Gebbia transfers to Ohio St.

He could have transferred back to Nebraska and not known a single person on the team or coaching staff.

My sole memory of him was refusing to start a game when the coach raised that with him before a game early in his first year. If my memory is correct on that, it's amazing that he remains interested all these year later.

If my memory is faulty, I apologize to him in advance.

My sole memory of him was refusing to start a game when the coach raised that with him before a game early in his first year. If my memory is correct on that, it's amazing that he remains interested all these year later.

I do not recollect that … I know he and 2AM battled for the starting spot is SFs first year and he wanted assurances he was going to be the starter. When those assurances weren’t given after fall camp he transferred.

Last edited:

He might not be on scholarship. Family has a lot of $$$ if I remember what I read 6 years ago when NU was recruiting him.

I do not remember that but I do remember Curt Dukes refusing to play when Solich wanted him to start a game as Jamal lord was having a rough stretch

Good for the TG. I hope he reaches his dreams. I do not think those dreams will include a starting QB at Ohio St. But if they can help him there good for him. I doubt he would ever have been a contributor here.

The much heralded Calabasas/ Calibraska crew. It's a movement!

The one that stayed, Marquel Dismuke, had the better college career than the others that transferred. I'm pretty sure that Gebbia is the last with eligibility left. Tristan had it going for a bit until the injuries and then was surpassed by an underclassman, who was himself surpassed in short order by an underclassman.

Or wants a ring before he's done.

Not sure why he's getting crapped on so hard by husker fans, honestly.

Seriously, who cares?
Right. What’s to crap on him for? Nothing. He’s probably 24 years old now. I’m sure he could help them, with all the weapons they have, if he needed to.

He was brought in for coaching
Meh, tOSU can get any number of GAs to come there and work for cheap. He's a backup insurance policy. Their QB room lacks any real experience so TG can provide depth. His smarts and experience to help the other QBs is a bonus.

Right. What’s to crap on him for? Nothing. He’s probably 24 years old now. I’m sure he could help them, with all the weapons they have, if he needed to.
Even if he's just another arm for practice, I don't understand the inclination to pile on.

If we're going to direct our ire towards a former player, at least make it someone who essentially had a starting LB spot locked up for 4 years and then defected to a conference rival.

Not to single anyone out...

Not saying you are wrong in regards to Gebbia, but the ONE QB I do remember turning down playing time and essentially leaving after that season, was, I BELIEVE, Curt Dukes, and it was the 2nd half against ISU.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back