• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former Husker/Beaver QB Tristan Gebbia transfers to Ohio St.

I'm amazed Ohio St gives a scholarship to someone who couldn't make the starting spot in two other college stops. Is their QB room that empty they need bodies.
I believe their QB coaching is better than most

I believe their QB coaching is better than most
Perhaps, but as mentioned it does call into question how good of a job they are doing managing their QB room if someone like Gebbia is worth giving a scholarship to, just so you can have some experience in the room.

Perhaps, but as mentioned it does call into question how good of a job they are doing managing their QB room if someone like Gebbia is worth giving a scholarship to, just so you can have some experience in the room.
They have incoming 4* Lincoln Kienholz
Also have Kyle McCord who was ranked 6th in the nation

They have incoming 4* Lincoln Kienholz
Also have Kyle McCord who was ranked 6th in the nation
And yet they felt the need to use a scholarship on a guy that is working on his third school with limited playing time. Hey it's great for Gebbia, I'm happy for him. But with all the proven QBs in the portal that would jump at the chance to go to O State, they using the scholarship on Gebbia does make some go Hmmmm.

First thing I wondered it 'Did they give him a scholly?'

Second thing was 'Day is screwing the pooch if they've neglected the QB room to that level'

Nothing against Gebbia, but if you're not able to be a full time starter at the little OSU, uhhhhhhhh.

Again, Gebbia was the full-time starter -- until injury sidelined him for over a year-and-a-half. Pretty hard to get your job back with that much time lost -- and a Beavers team that played well regardless.

I don't expect him to start and may not even play at all for Ohio State. I have to assume Ryan Day knows what he's doing. He's likely wanting to add Gebbia for his maturity, with the other QBs on the roster all freshmen or sophomores -- and no one with more than 20 pass attempts on his career.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back