• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For those proposing KU to the B1G…

I’m not offended and I agree completely on Iowa St. I said yesterday that I would consider Kansas if we got Missouri or a package of other schools. Kansas by themselves doesn’t move the needle much. Iowa St. is a MAC team.
If current Iowa State is a MAC team, then I shudder to think where NU ranks. Might be time to revisit that drop down to FCS thread…

Actually I don’t think it was asked by many prior to bringing Nebraska in. At that time everyone new our tv numbers would increase the value of the B1G for all the teams. Does anyone believe teams like Kansas and Iowa state make us better or are leaches to the program.
Contrary to what we as Husker fans like to think of ourselves, outside of the Midwest region of the country, not too many care about tuning in to watch us play. Not now, and not then. I don't believe we were added for our TV numbers, but I'd be willing to admit I'm wrong of there's some stats out there somewhere. When we came to the B1G, we weren't a great team. Decent, but not great. I don't think TV drove that decision by the B1G brass as much as our history, location, culture, support, etc. did. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

SIRRRRRRRRRRRRR YAAAAAAAAAAGHT!
Prior to joining here, I would lurk from time to time. There was a dude here (not sure if he still is or not), his handle was like Greatest Fan Ever, or something like that. Anyway, I got such a kick out of reading his posts and everyone blasting him. Then, when this Sir Yacht kid started his Twitter storm I thought to myself, these 2 guys sound so much alike. Sir Yacht is exactly how I would have pictured the Greatest Fan guy. Just thought it was funny.

If current Iowa State is a MAC team, then I shudder to think where NU ranks. Might be time to revisit that drop down to FCS thread…
Yeah I get it Nebraska has sucked on Saturdays and Iowa St. has been good lately. Unfortunately for Iowa St. it’s about so much more than that. I like poking fun at my Cyclone neighbors but really I feel for them, I hate expansion but I’m definitely interested in it.

Prior to joining here, I would lurk from time to time. There was a dude here (not sure if he still is or not), his handle was like Greatest Fan Ever, or something like that. Anyway, I got such a kick out of reading his posts and everyone blasting him. Then, when this Sir Yacht kid started his Twitter storm I thought to myself, these 2 guys sound so much alike. Sir Yacht is exactly how I would have pictured the Greatest Fan guy. Just thought it was funny.
The guy that didn’t like Kenny Bell’s hair?

Contrary to what we as Husker fans like to think of ourselves, outside of the Midwest region of the country, not too many care about tuning in to watch us play. Not now, and not then. I don't believe we were added for our TV numbers, but I'd be willing to admit I'm wrong of there's some stats out there somewhere. When we came to the B1G, we weren't a great team. Decent, but not great. I don't think TV drove that decision by the B1G brass as much as our history, location, culture, support, etc. did. Just my opinion.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1732224-college-football-teams-with-the-best-fanbases.

Baylor is the defending national champion in basketball. If we are fixated on bb, why not them with a better program in other sports and a Texas footprint?
Seriously KU is THE bluest o& blue bloods in basketball. If not bigger than everyone else including UNC, UCLA, UK and Duke.

How many overall NCs does Baylor have?

Oh, I completely agree we have one of the best fan bases. That wasn't my point though. I was just stating that I don't think that equates to people around the country wanting to tune in to see us. Having a great fan base is different from acquiring great TV numbers on a national scale. Sure, all the Husker fans will watch, but what's the number of non-Husker fans that will? I don't think that number is very high and we don't get great TV numbers just from Husker fans watching.

Oh, I completely agree we have one of the best fan bases. That wasn't my point though. I was just stating that I don't think that equates to people around the country wanting to tune in to see us. Having a great fan base is different from acquiring great TV numbers on a national scale. Sure, all the Husker fans will watch, but what's the number of non-Husker fans that will? I don't think that number is very high and we don't get great TV numbers just from Husker fans watching.
If we’re winning they’ll tune in. Winning is what we need.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back