• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For Supporters and Trust of Matt Rhule.

People need to remember …. This is a rebuild that will take time. Have patience and a little faith in the process. Of course we are ALL disappointed (as evidenced by the wildly insane comments I’ve seen on HM) but if you do not recognize that this is a project that may or may not take some time then you are misguided and foolish. Remember ……. There are only 3 seniors on the defensive depth chart (out of 23 players). 5 Seniors on the offensive depth chart ( out of 28 players). . That is NOT and excuse. That is a FACT. We are young, with new offensive and defensive systems playing on the road against a reloading big ten team. These are facts. Grasp that and there will be less heart failure amongst the fan base.

Sims is career NCAA LEADER IN INTs and we had eight turnovers in the Spring game.

A good leader remembers those things and factors them in at the goal line with eight seconds to go.
No question that was a poor decision. I already addressed that in a previous post. Read the material.

I'm hopng Rhule gets it done here, but I found myself eye-rolling a lot during his post game presser. He's about to find out that Nebraska people have lived tonight's nightmare over and over for the past 10 years. His sense of urgency had better pick up.
You want him to panic or something? What kind of leader would that be?

Where was our best DL? I loved seeing Lloyd and Bullock making huge plays. Loved holding minny to 55 yards rushing. Loved how some think minny doesn't reload their O line, didn't have their nest we group under Fleck, Spann-Ford isn't that good, 13 points is a big offensive showing plus getting four turnovers, our abs rating was as low as minnys qb rating.
I loved seeing freshmen D linemen making plays. Frosh wrs making plays.
We outgained minny, we turned the ball over too much, simple as that. Possessions were at a premium, we ended four with the turnovers alone. Yet our TOP matched theirs even so against this team who's dominated it in the past.
I am not sure what you are asking me? Our DL played ok but they really struggled to produce much pressure. However they did come off the ball very well. I totally agree our D played well, and I thought I was pretty clear that I thought they did well. What freshman WRs made plays? Do you mean on the end around that picked up 6? With as many positives as there were in the game, there were sufficient negatives to LOSE THE GAME!

I think they have scoreboard the last couple against wiscy. I think game one minny had growing pains. Their run game was crap and so was their passing game only getting under 55% completions.
Compared to years past, we looked better than we have against them. We also experienced momentum after our one turnover, another thing we rarely saw.
First games more about you more often than not. Take out the turnovers and the Sims stare downs, I like what I saw
What happened last year against Wisc has zero bearing on this year's game. NU didn't lose last night because of what happened against MN in 2018-2022. We had huge scoreboard on NW in 2021, but that didn't matter in 2022. It's interesting to fans, but irrelevant.

My point is that Minnesota is not bad, but I don't see them as an 8+ win team like you do. With 6 teams on their schedule that are solid to really good, they will have to play better to get to 8+ wins.

I am not sure what you are asking me? Our DL played ok but they really struggled to produce much pressure. However they did come off the ball very well. I totally agree our D played well, and I thought I was pretty clear that I thought they did well. What freshman WRs made plays? Do you mean on the end around that picked up 6? With as many positives as there were in the game, there were sufficient negatives to LOSE THE GAME!
We lost our best D lineman. The turnovers cost us this game, and one horrible penalty.
Yea, that end around, great play call. Loved the QB throwback td too, execution was bad, but it worked.

What happened last year against Wisc has zero bearing on this year's game. NU didn't lose last night because of what happened against MN in 2018-2022. We had huge scoreboard on NW in 2021, but that didn't matter in 2022. It's interesting to fans, but irrelevant.

My point is that Minnesota is not bad, but I don't see them as an 8+ win team like you do. With 6 teams on their schedule that are solid to really good, they will have to play better to get to 8+ wins.
My point is, minny has the best record against wiscy in the west.
Its too early to say, you reduce minny you're also reducing us.
It could be we are both better than that but won't know until later, thats really my point.

Where was our best DL? I loved seeing Lloyd and Bullock making huge plays. Loved holding minny to 55 yards rushing. Loved how some think minny doesn't reload their O line, didn't have their nest we group under Fleck, Spann-Ford isn't that good, 13 points is a big offensive showing plus getting four turnovers, our abs rating was as low as minnys qb rating.
I loved seeing freshmen D linemen making plays. Frosh wrs making plays.
We outgained minny, we turned the ball over too much, simple as that. Possessions were at a premium, we ended four with the turnovers alone. Yet our TOP matched theirs even so against this team who's dominated it in the past.
I wondered that too but saw that most of the time we only had 3 D lineman against 5 or 6 so very little pressure on the QB most the night. Their QB had allot of time just last in past years.

We lost our best D lineman. The turnovers cost us this game, and one horrible penalty.
Yea, that end around, great play call. Loved the QB throwback td too, execution was bad, but it worked.
How do you figure that he was our best DL. For three years he has been pretty ineffective and only did slightly better yesterday against a guy making his first start. The QB throwback for a TD was our only offensive highlight. The fact that we needed to install a trick play to score says more about how bad we are then how good. Effectively, we could not score using our bread and butter offense. Which at this point, I have no idea what our bread and butter offense is.

exactly. people talk like he went for it on 4th down or called a play that ran out the clock. Let's tell kids we're trying to win but kick a field goal on third down with 11 seconds left. lolololol.
They talk about it because with a penalty there is a ten second runoff. Meaning a hold, or illegal hands to the face, or any other BS call ends the half. This is football 101. You treat the game as if there are ten seconds less in the final minute. Thus there was effectively 1 second left. That and the probability of making 6 yards vs not making six yards is low.

Last edited:
I wondered that too but saw that most of the time we only had 3 D lineman against 5 or 6 so very little pressure on the QB most the night. Their QB had allot of time just last in past years.
We didn't see what this team can do. Not a lot of blitzing, but later on we started getting home.
We came out to stop the run, then we blitzed little. Their passing numbers were so so, under 55% completions, threw twice as much as years past.

How do you figure that he was our best DL. For three years he has been pretty ineffective and only did slightly better yesterday against a guy making his first start. The QB throwback for a TD was our only offensive highlight. The fact that we needed to install a trick play to score says more about how bad we are then how good. Effectively, we could not score using our bread and butter offense. Which at this point, I have no idea what our bread and butter offense is.
Ty Robinson hasn't been our best D lineman? The guy we were without?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back