• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For all you Verduzco fans

Funeral director? Now we're getting somewhere....... I always suspected but was afraid to ask... :Lol:

My dad used to say... "Just remember no one's getting out of here alive"... :nod:

My grandpa smoked at least 2 packs of camels everyday... grandma used to yell at him, "Andy stop taking cigarettes from your grandson or you're going to die" Of course at that time he was about 85 years old. He made it to 87 which was pretty good considering his smoking, drinking and diet.......

I quit smoking because smokes are 8 bucks a pack in Connecticut...
My grandpa used to point at a cemetary when we were driving by and say "see that place over there? People are dying to get in there".

Last edited:

Switzer used to sneak smokes on the sideline during games. One more example of why that guy is awesome.

My boss is a big Sooner fan. When he was first dating his wife they were in an Oklahoma airport flying on vacation. He bought her a little OU teddy bear and was then explaining how their coach (Switzer) was kind of a sleaze. Great coach, but loose morals.

Anyway, they wound up actually bumping into Barry at the airport (no word if he was carrying a gun this time) and his wife took the bear over to have Barry sign it. Switzer said, "darling if you jump on that plane with me, I'll do more than that!"

Of course his wife was shocked and ticked, to which my boss just reminded her of what he said earlier about Switzer's character.

My boss is a big Sooner fan. When he was first dating his wife they were in an Oklahoma airport flying on vacation. He bought her a little OU teddy bear and was then explaining how their coach (Switzer) was kind of a sleaze. Great coach, but loose morals.

Anyway, they wound up actually bumping into Barry at the airport (no word if he was carrying a gun this time) and his wife took the bear over to have Barry sign it. Switzer said, "darling if you jump on that plane with me, I'll do more than that!"

Of course his wife was shocked and ticked, to which my boss just reminded her of what he said earlier about Switzer's character.
Always amazed me he's such good friends with Dr Tom. Talk about total opposites at least on moral issues..

We just moved to Pensacola from Denver a month ago. Stayed at a hotel near Norman on the way down. Got done eating breakfast and looked up and there was Switzer. He had come over to pick up some friends. I waited and then said hi and told him I'm a husker. He asked where from and I told him Columbus, home of Jim Pillen who recovered Billy Sim's fumble on the 3 at the end of the '78 game. He laughed and said not to remind him, that they would have won another Natty if not for that play. Talked to me like he had known me for years. He has really aged though.

I hope someone didn't just post the game plan for Troy....but then again they'd have to decide which language it is in first.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back