• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For all you Verduzco fans

People asked me why I didn't vape when I was quitting. I had no interest in:
A) Replacing my habit with a new one
B) Adding another habit
It worked great for me to quit smoking...... vaped about a year and quit that too. Bottom line it was a really good bridge for me to quit smoking.

Last edited:

It worked great for me to quit smoking...... vaped about a year and quit that too. Bottom line it was a really good bridge for me to quit smoking.
I'm glad it worked for you! It never would have worked for me. :(

Interesting..... Lung, laryngeal, oropharyngeaI get, parotid seems like a stretch. I wonder how they factor out other lifestyle factors.

You are absolutely right, while reading I saw alcohol consumption was a contributing factor. Many other things as well.

C

One set of grandparents, when we visited we couldn't eat dinner until they had their 2 scotch on the rocks, couple of cigs and watched the Lincoln/Grand Island News at 6pm (and we live in Fremont?) Grandpa died from emphysema at 77, grandma lived to almost 90 and they smoked pretty consistent their whole lives. Genetic make up is a big thing, everything is different in different people. Would I ever condone smoking, drinking etc, absolutely not, but life is too short and things in moderation, if it makes you happy, then I guess why not.

Do I think MV should be walking around campus with a big stoggie sticking out? Probably not a good image to portrait to the general public, especially the young fans, that no doubt will think he is cool, and try to emulate him.

And as a funeral director, the one thing I can guarantee is that something will get you in the end, no matter what, it is up to you how you want to live your life.

One set of grandparents, when we visited we couldn't eat dinner until they had their 2 scotch on the rocks, couple of cigs and watched the Lincoln/Grand Island News at 6pm (and we live in Fremont?) Grandpa died from emphysema at 77, grandma lived to almost 90 and they smoked pretty consistent their whole lives. Genetic make up is a big thing, everything is different in different people. Would I ever condone smoking, drinking etc, absolutely not, but life is too short and things in moderation, if it makes you happy, then I guess why not.

Do I think MV should be walking around campus with a big stoggie sticking out? Probably not a good image to portrait to the general public, especially the young fans, that no doubt will think he is cool, and try to emulate him.

And as a funeral director, the one thing I can guarantee is that something will get you in the end, no matter what, it is up to you how you want to live your life.
Funeral director? Now we're getting somewhere....... I always suspected but was afraid to ask... :Lol:

My dad used to say... "Just remember no one's getting out of here alive"... :nod:

My grandpa smoked at least 2 packs of camels everyday... grandma used to yell at him, "Andy stop taking cigarettes from your grandson or you're going to die" Of course at that time he was about 85 years old. He made it to 87 which was pretty good considering his smoking, drinking and diet.......

I quit smoking because smokes are 8 bucks a pack in Connecticut...

Last edited:
Funeral director? Now we're getting somewhere....... I always suspected but was afraid to ask... :Lol:

My dad used to say... "Just remember no one's getting out of here alive"... :nod:

My grandpa smoked at least 2 packs of camels everyday... grandma used to yell at him, "Andy stop taking cigarettes from your grandson or you're going to die" Of course at that time he was about 85 years old. He made it to 87 which was pretty good considering his smoking, drinking and diet.......

I quit smoking because smokes are 8 bucks a pack in Connecticut...

We always joked that the Scotch was killing the effects of smoking that is why my grandma lived so long. What got her was she fell and broke her hip, had surgery and a blood clot broke lose. She was 87 and for the most part in good health. Long road trips with my grandparents in the car were miserable. Can't put the windows down in January in Nebraska, get to where we were going open the car doors and people and smoke just rolling out. Not good.

Cancer says hi

MV5BMTg3MDA0OTkxOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODE1NTI2._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Howdy

I'm not saying banning them altogether, just like I don't think pot should be illegal, however, when I am out at a sporting event, a restaurant, a movie, I don't want to smell that foul smelling smoke that cigars and cigarettes give off, as I am also aware that others don't want to smell marijuana smoke either. Doesn't make one a Nazi. What you do in your car, your house or yard, that's your business of course, but what you do in public, is every body's business, and I personally think it's disgusting to smell some 2 dollar cigar that smells worse than a whores 3 day old unwashed snatch.

So I take it you are for forced showering for people with body odor?:Biggrin:

So I take it you are for forced showering for people with body odor?:Biggrin:

So I wanted to put a picture of a good looking girl in a shower on here and say 'Yes I am all for it', however, you don't want to do a google search for hot girls in the shower, fyi.:oops:

This is an old joke....

When we would be in a crew van and go by a cemetary I would always ask "Wow thats a big cemetary....anyone know how many dead people are in there"?

Someone would inevitably say "I have no idea"

I would then say..... "All of them".

I don't really care if people are smoking, chewing, etc. I just wonder if campus police will be coming after our football coaches. The anti-freedom Nazis have made the entire campus tobacco free. Chewing, smoking, even vaping is prohibited everywhere on campus.
I bet those east campus boys (and some girls) aren't obeying that law.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back