• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For all you Verduzco fans

To date there have been no studies about the possible relationship between parotid cancer and chewing tobacco. There have been several in regards to smoking and one in 2008 found a 66 percent increased risk for those who ever smoked and more than double risk of tumors in current smokers.

C

Interesting..... Lung, laryngeal, oropharyngeaI get, parotid seems like a stretch. I wonder how they factor out other lifestyle factors.

Last edited:

Yep, the original Serie R lacked the additional band at the foot. I don't think I've smoked one recently and don't recall whether the last one I did had the extra gold band. I have not smoked many La Gloria Cubana since General Cigar bought the LGC brand from EP Carillo (at El Credito in Miami). Back in the 90's I used smoke the LGC wavell's quite a bit and visited the factory every time I was in Miami. They also produced them in the Dominican Republic and that is where they are made today (under General). LGC is also a Cuban heritage brand that still exists and I have not tried these yet. The band is very similar (smoking lady).......and this leads me to the relevant part of this accidental La Gloria diversion. There is an LGC blend that appears to be made specifically for Nebraska fans, aptly dubbed the Serie N. So there you go.
View attachment 17471
I am going to check on this at work tomorrow. I work with a registered Certified Tobacconist and will see if he can recognize the cigar in the Mario picture.

I am going to check on this at work tomorrow. I work with a registered Certified Tobacconist and will see if he can recognize the cigar in the Mario picture.

I think we're pretty sure it's the LGC Serie R. See what your guy has to say.

Mario was also pictured with a fairly large ring gauge cigar in another photo. I think it was when the team was arriving at the stadium before the Akron game. I couldn't tell at all what that one was....other than it was a fatty.

To date there have been no studies about the possible relationship between parotid cancer and chewing tobacco. There have been several in regards to smoking and one in 2008 found a 66 percent increased risk for those who ever smoked and more than double risk of tumors in current smokers.

C

The risk for ALL cancers is increased in tobacco users vs no tobacco users.

I can't tell what this cigar is. @Vinosker maybe your guy can. @Hville, you might know.
IMG_1399.JPG

Last edited:

I still can't figure out, for the life of me, why some on here still think smoking cigs and cigars, is "COOL". And vaping is just simply asinine imho. Who really knows what is in that crap, and most of it, vape smoke, just stinks to high heaven.

tumblr_mhaz3b5l3V1qciqspo9_250.gif

I still can't figure out, for the life of me, why some on here still think smoking cigs and cigars, is "COOL".

Can't say that I ever smoked a cigar to be cool. As a matter of fact I rarely smoke one when others are around. It is likely that I smoke for the same reason some guys might pour themselves a beer or a shot of bourbon and sit out on their back patio or porch and relax after a long stressful day at work.

Can't say that I ever smoked a cigar to be cool. As a matter of fact I rarely smoke one when others are around. It is likely that I smoke for the same reason some guys might pour themselves a beer or a shot of bourbon and sit out on their back patio or porch and relax after a long stressful day at work.
Thanks for that reply, that was really all I was looking for. Cheers BubbaGene. :Cheers:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back