• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fishing season

We kept 6 13 inchers. Out of that pond. Another one we fished, kept 11 10 inchers and probably should have kept a limit to thin them out. Must have caught 50 total but they were all similar in size. The bluegill were all dinks as well. That's one of the things we do for the owners is clean out stunted fish so the get huge several years later.

1000001026.jpg
1000001026.jpg

The Little River is a pretty little stream.

Yes! I own several cabins over on the Eastern side of the National Park, so my favorites are Cosby Creek and Cataloochee Valltey.

One factoid that many anglers are unaware of, is that there are no stocked trout in the national park waters - all wild fish! They haven’t stocked in over 50 years.

That means these fish are SMART and quite difficult to catch.

Last edited:
Yes! I own several cabins over on the Eastern side of the National Park, so my favorites are Cosby Creek and Cataloochee Valltey.

One factoid that many anglers are unaware of, is that there are no stocked trout in the national park waters - all wild fish! They haven’t stocked in over 50 years.

That means these fish are SMART and quite difficult to catch.

There is a stretch of the South Platte in Deckers Canyon just West of Denver that is full of 20"+ trout who're as picky about fly pattern and presentation as I've ever seen. Often the only thing that gets a rise or a strike of any kind is size 20 or smaller patterns and a 7x or smaller tippet. A large fish and small flies and tippets has led to many a frustrating afternoon for me.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back