• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fishing season

The only thing better (maybe) than having a 5 year old granddaughter catching crappie with me was having my daughter, when she was 5 years old, catching crappie with me. It's still heart warming though for my daughter to tell me of her great memories fishing with me when she was a child.

From the mouth of babes
Funny! That said, always ask. It’s a respect thing and the land owner will likely set you up for success. People who ask for permission to fish on our land get advice on which one to try their hand on. All the ponds are stocked differently and the main catfish pond is on a feeding program. You can sit there for 8 hours during the day and not catch a single catfish. However you go at dawn or overnight, you will catch some slabs. So if they come and ask during the day, we can refer them to the ponds with more bass and panfish.

Funny! That said, always ask. It’s a respect thing and the land owner will likely set you up for success. People who ask for permission to fish on our land get advice on which one to try their hand on. All the ponds are stocked differently and the main catfish pond is on a feeding program. You can sit there for 8 hours during the day and not catch a single catfish. However you go at dawn or overnight, you will catch some slabs. So if they come and ask during the day, we can refer them to the ponds with more bass and panfish.
I'm on two lakes and have a point where you can just get a boat through. Being a lake with an access, we usually get hunters asking, just ask them not to cut anything down and clean up.

The only thing better (maybe) than having a 5 year old granddaughter catching crappie with me was having my daughter, when she was 5 years old, catching crappie with me. It's still heart warming though for my daughter to tell me of her great memories fishing with me when she was a child.
That’s awesome. I was fishing with my kids in Sarpy County today. First cast for my daughter, a channel cat came up and smoked it. Seeing her hold the fish and struggle pulling the hook out melted my heart. She got it though.

Reminds me of this song!

Man, it's been several years now since I've fresh water fished. It used to be my biggest hobby, but it's been quite the minute now.

Went out in 98 degree weather this afternoon, heat index had to be quite a bit hotter. Wasn’t a damn person around and I was dripping sweat. What can I say, I’m a fishing sicko. Caught several bass along some shade lines. Not gonna lie though, it was miserable. Can’t wait for the fall top water blowups!

Went out in 98 degree weather this afternoon, heat index had to be quite a bit hotter. Wasn’t a damn person around and I was dripping sweat. What can I say, I’m a fishing sicko. Caught several bass along some shade lines. Not gonna lie though, it was miserable. Can’t wait for the fall top water blowups!
Go sun up. If its clear water especially

Growing up we would walk 3 miles to fish a series of ponds. Dad pounded getting permission into our heads so we would call the rancher literally every day. He was a Saint. He would tell us we didn't need to call anymore, we could just go anytime. We still called. My brother ended up marrying his daughter. 40 years later those 2 are still blissfully married!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back