• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Finebaum: Frost squarely on the hot seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he's not on the hot seat? What do you think happens if we win 3 or 4 games this year?
We blow up the message board with Frost must go rhetoric and then start square one, but this time with a cupboard and program that has the ducks in a row that should, should show results on the field.

Frost gets 2022 regardless of what happens this year. But if this year is bad, next year will either be the breakthrough or the last season he coaches here.
I can see it going either way. But if he’s lucky enough to get next year I bet we see a few new assistant coaches. Either way he needs to start winning games.

We blow up the message board with Frost must go rhetoric and then start square one, but this time with a cupboard and program that has the ducks in a row that should, should show results on the field.

I think you could say his ACTUAL 4 yr stint at DONU starts this coming year.

It's taken this long just to get build back to where we can establish the foundation.

MR hire was the most disastrous hire in the history of NU FB.

It's taken this long just to get build back to where we can establish the foundation.

completely agree, he had nothing to work with in the trenches and you cant win in the big10 without good lines.
frost is building sustained success where you can expect W's and not play a guessing game on which contests will be wins for every game in the season. i want to get back to where we say illinois, maryland, indiana, prudue, minnesota, michigan st, rutgers are wins we can count on. the quality of recruits i see coming in get us to that point.

completely agree, he had nothing to work with in the trenches and you cant win in the big10 without good lines.
frost is building sustained success where you can expect W's and not play a guessing game on which contests will be wins for every game in the season. i want to get back to where we say illinois, maryland, indiana, prudue, minnesota, michigan st, rutgers are wins we can count on. the quality of recruits i see coming in get us to that point.

There was more than enough talent to at least hit .500 each of the last three seasons.

C

Well fellas another season like we have had and both Frost and Moos are gone if the money is there to buy everyone on staff out.

I hope that is not the case I really dont think it would do DONU any good to be starting over AGAIN
That is definitely true. But mobs with pitchforks are not often talked down with logic.

Scott has a huge task ahead of him this year. No one will remember the obstacle Covid presented to building in his third year when they chant about his fourth year. Some people still believe the NU roster is filled with national title players and the only thing preventing that crown is coaching.

In any event, the roster is pretty much turned over. Frost has “his guys”, at least the few who stayed after he recruited them. Seems like the talent level is improved overall. Now it’s time to prove it on the field. The path to bowl eligibility is a razor’s edge with this schedule.

Better start off with a win over Illinois.

I won't click on his links. I don't listen to him at all. That said, it doesn't take a genius to see that Frost is on the hot seat. Another 4 win season and I think he's gone.
Bowl game is the threshold. Miss that and we are replacing Moos to find a new football coach. That would be 5 straight losing seasons in a row with 80% of them being on this staff.

We will get to a bowl game though.

Bowl game is the threshold. Miss that and we are replacing Moos to find a new football coach. That would be 5 straight losing seasons in a row with 80% of them being on this staff.

We will get to a bowl game though.

I absolutely hate when ultimatums are placed on sports teams like that. Not all seasons are built the same. The team could be 100% better than last year and go 5-7. I get why they're doing it, but I hate the mindset.

Ding ding ding we have a winner. At least since Bill Jennings time and before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back