• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Finebaum: Frost squarely on the hot seat

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't care much for Finebaum's theatrics but he's not wrong about Frost being on the hot seat. He's been here 3 years and it's been a continuance of the Riley-era mediocrity. We haven't really seen any Frost-coached team turn the corner yet. Minor improvements, but nothing that would make you think that NU could start challenging for a Big Ten title. Hopefully, this fall will be different.

That being said, this isn't really a hot take of any magnitude. Take any coach, give him a wallowing blue blood program and see how far they get with 3 losing seasons. It's like saying that Saban will have a good recruiting class this year. It's not so much an in-depth analysis as much as it is a casual observation of the sport. Finebaum's "revelation" here would be like some reporter from 1985 saying that Nebraska and Oklahoma would probably have good running backs that year. Safe bet.

I don't care much for Finebaum's theatrics but he's not wrong about Frost being on the hot seat. He's been here 3 years and it's been a continuance of the Riley-era mediocrity. We haven't really seen any Frost-coached team turn the corner yet. Minor improvements, but nothing that would make you think that NU could start challenging for a Big Ten title. Hopefully, this fall will be different.

That being said, this isn't really a hot take of any magnitude. Take any coach, give him a wallowing blue blood program and see how far they get with 3 losing seasons. It's like saying that Saban will have a good recruiting class this year. It's not so much an in-depth analysis as much as it is a casual observation of the sport. Finebaum's "revelation" here would be like some reporter from 1985 saying that Nebraska and Oklahoma would probably have good running backs that year. Safe bet.
I wish we were at Riley era mediocrity. That would be a step up.

Finebaum is once again doing his job well. He's managed to have a thread created in his honor. That's what he's supposed to do -- create discussion.

Regarding Frost being on the hot seat -- if he isn't, we may as well accept we've become Kansas -- although even Kansas would have Frost on the hot seat at this point. Any team would.

Well fellas another season like we have had and both Frost and Moos are gone if the money is there to buy everyone on staff out.

I hope that is not the case I really dont think it would do DONU any good to be starting over AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back