• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Favorite actor/actress

I was an extra in a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio, yes, he is still a knob.

That doesn't surprise me at all.

One of the reasons I've always liked hockey is that every single professional player I've met was just a 'guy'. Like you'd meet at work. Not all good guys, but all of them seemed pretty unaffected by their relative stardom.

I've only met a couple of actors and they didn't come off like that.

I used to be a huge fan of Robert DeNiro, but he's kind of become a caricature of himself. I always liked McQueen. Robert Shaw was a great actor, but did some mediocre movies and died too soon as well.

The more recent guys I like are actors like Leonardo DiCaprio. I really thought he was a knob when he first started acting. He may still actually be a knob IRL, but he's a helluva actor. Robert Downey Jr. is another who's really actually a good actor. Anthony Hopkins is another I almost always like, but he's started doing bad movies just to keep making money. Ed Norton is really good and isn't in much. Don't know who he pissed off. Cillian Murphy is good as well.

As far as actresses, Helen Miren. She's been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager and saw her in Excalibur. Rebecca Hall has been good in everything I've seen her in. Laura Linney is a great actress. Vera Farmiga is good as well.

The movies thing is too long to list, but some I can't change the channel on if they're on TV and usually derail a winter afternoon are:

Jaws
Goodfellas
Saving Private Ryan
Highlander
The Thing (1980's Kurt Russell version)
Field of Dreams
Shawshank Redemption
The Outsiders
Pulp Fiction

I have several favorite actors but will just add Michael Peña to this discussion, not sure what it is but have enjoyed every movie I’ve seen him in And hope he gets some bigger roles In the future.
Actress would be Uma Thurman or Scarlet Johansson.
Far to many favorite movies so I’ll say Tombstone since It just popped on.

Jimmy Stewart
Henry Fonda
Fred Astaire
Cary Grant
Harrison Ford
Bing Crosby
Danny Kaye

Audrey Hepburn
Jane Powell

I know there are others, but I can't remember names. :(
i wished i could put harrison ford on the list. but after the star wars sequels and then the destiny of diapers, i just couldnt do it. gotta have some standards, and those broken my view of him.

I agree with basically every body on this page, but I have to say that Bruce Willis should definitely be on most every body's list here, I mean, He did that Christmas movie Die Hard, that is a classic for sure. Of course Mel Gibson too, the guy is just cool. Can't discount Keauna Reeves either.

I'm not a big movie buff. My style is Singin' in the Rain or Casablanca. Yeah, I'm old but not Mary Pickford or Charlie Chaplin old. Harrison Ford was brought up. I worked on a job for him in 1996 in Jackson, WY. Well, for the contractor who had the project. The guy was quite approachable and owned a great sense of humor. He always had time for a chat on this months-long project. Every Friday he bought the whole crew any beer we wanted; everyone seemed to like imported beer. Went for long bicycles rides to help keep in shape. He had the ultimate woodworking shop set up. Powermatic tools and just about every hand plane Lie-Nielsen made. Very few of the monied-class in Jackson Hole treated us as well as he did.

i wished i could put harrison ford on the list. but after the star wars sequels and then the destiny of diapers, i just couldnt do it. gotta have some standards, and those broken my view of him.
I have always liked Harrison Ford from American Graffiti and through the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises. But these days, a good movie for me is one that I can just stay awake through.

I'm not a big movie buff. My style is Singin' in the Rain or Casablanca. Yeah, I'm old but not Mary Pickford or Charlie Chaplin old. Harrison Ford was brought up. I worked on a job for him in 1996 in Jackson, WY. Well, for the contractor who had the project. The guy was quite approachable and owned a great sense of humor. He always had time for a chat on this months-long project. Every Friday he bought the whole crew any beer we wanted; everyone seemed to like imported beer. Went for long bicycles rides to help keep in shape. He had the ultimate woodworking shop set up. Powermatic tools and just about every hand plane Lie-Nielsen made. Very few of the monied-class in Jackson Hole treated us as well as he did.

It makes sense, the story goes that Harrison Ford had basically given up on acting and was supporting himself and his family with carpentry work. He was doing a lot of work for Hollywood types. Anyway he was doing some work at one of George Lucas's friends house and Lucas asked him to come in and read lines with people he was auditioning for American Graffiti. Which is a paid job. I guess he did such a good job Lucas cast him as Bob Falfa. Which led to his audition for Han Solo.

I don't think I have a favorite actor or actress. All that have been mentioned are pretty good.

Almost all good actors do crap movies for a pay check. Flip through Netflix and you can find some movie, usually an action movie made in Europe, that has a fairly big star in it. He/she usually has a supporting role but probably got paid really well for a weeks work.

I used to be a huge fan of Robert DeNiro, but he's kind of become a caricature of himself. I always liked McQueen. Robert Shaw was a great actor, but did some mediocre movies and died too soon as well.

The more recent guys I like are actors like Leonardo DiCaprio. I really thought he was a knob when he first started acting. He may still actually be a knob IRL, but he's a helluva actor. Robert Downey Jr. is another who's really actually a good actor. Anthony Hopkins is another I almost always like, but he's started doing bad movies just to keep making money. Ed Norton is really good and isn't in much. Don't know who he pissed off. Cillian Murphy is good as well.

As far as actresses, Helen Miren. She's been a favorite of mine since I was a teenager and saw her in Excalibur. Rebecca Hall has been good in everything I've seen her in. Laura Linney is a great actress. Vera Farmiga is good as well.

The movies thing is too long to list, but some I can't change the channel on if they're on TV and usually derail a winter afternoon are:

Jaws
Goodfellas
Saving Private Ryan
Highlander
The Thing (1980's Kurt Russell version)

DeNiro hasn't done a really good movie since Ronin. I also really despise actors that get real political, which he has done.

Robert Downey Jr is/was always considered one of the most talented actors of his age. He just couldn't lay off the drugs. Now he is cleaned up and is showing his stuff.

Helen Mirren IMO is one of those women that was better looking when she was 50 than she was at 30 and she was pretty good looking at 30. Her face aged into her nose.

Love Cate Blanchett still beautiful into her 50's and a great actress.

I don't really watch a movie because it has a certain actor or actress in it.

DeNiro hasn't done a really good movie since Ronin. I also really despise actors that get real political, which he has done.

Robert Downey Jr is/was always considered one of the most talented actors of his age. He just couldn't lay off the drugs. Now he is cleaned up and is showing his stuff.

Helen Mirren IMO is one of those women that was better looking when she was 50 than she was at 30 and she was pretty good looking at 30. Her face aged into her nose.

Love Cate Blanchett still beautiful into her 50's and a great actress.

I don't really watch a movie because it has a certain actor or actress in it.
I actually thought 'The Score' with DeNiro and Ed Norton was pretty good.

Yeah, Helen aged very well. Classy lady.

I used to not really 'follow' actors or actresses from movie to movie, but there are a handful I'll assume the movie is going to be decent because most of the work is good. Like we'd discussed with DeNiro, he's no longer a guarantee.

I actually thought 'The Score' with DeNiro and Ed Norton was pretty good.

Yeah, Helen aged very well. Classy lady.

I used to not really 'follow' actors or actresses from movie to movie, but there are a handful I'll assume the movie is going to be decent because most of the work is good. Like we'd discussed with DeNiro, he's no longer a guarantee.

I forget about The Score. It was good and it did come out after Ronin.

I really like Caper movies. I could watch Oceans 11, The Italian Job, Thomas Crown Affair, The Score anything like that repeatedly. The Bank Job with Jason Stathan is also good.

I forget about The Score. It was good and it did come out after Ronin.

I really like Caper movies. I could watch Oceans 11, The Italian Job, Thomas Crown Affair, The Score anything like that repeatedly. The Bank Job with Jason Stathan is also good.

Another DeNiro 'heist' movie, that might be my favorite of his, is 'Heat'.

Great supporting cast with Kilmer, Pacino, Sizemore, Ted Levine (Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs), Jon Voight, Diane Venora, Amy Brenneman and more.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back