• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Fan Expectations - some more reasonable choices (minimums)

What are your expectations?

• 9 wins/year...nothing else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ask Alabama fan's if a Nat'l Champ 1 every 20 years is acceptable.
If winning the SEC what, 20%? is acceptable.
Finishing in the top 10, 50% of the time?
Maybe I'm reading this wrong?
WOW!
How far we have fallen.
This poll should be presented to Louisville OR Kansas St?
We are NEBRASKA! CMON MAN!!!!

Quite sad, isn't it??

I think the choices are rigged. We start playing nine conference games in 2016. My minimum expectation is to win the division every year and compete for the CC. If we win that I am very happy.

I didn't "rig" them on purpose. Those minimums seemed to me to be lines that folks have been drawing...much moreso than the other poll that was put up. Sorry, I missed your alternative which sounds like:

-Any number of wins, Division championship every year, BIG championship occasionally.

Last edited:
AMEN BROTHER! Bob Devaney would be rolling over in his grave right now if he knew where the expectations were....

Ask Alabama fan's if a Nat'l Champ 1 every 20 years is acceptable.
If winning the SEC what, 20%? is acceptable.
Finishing in the top 10, 50% of the time?
Maybe I'm reading this wrong?
WOW!
How far we have fallen.
This poll should be presented to Louisville OR Kansas St?
We are NEBRASKA! CMON MAN!!!!

I didn't "rig" them on purpose. Those minimums seemed to me to be lines that folks have been drawing...much moreso than the other poll that was put up. Sorry, I missed your alternative which sounds like:

-Any number of wins, Division championship every year, BIG championship occasionally.

Okay shouldn't have used rigged. Hoping you know I like to keep it light. I can live with that except for the occasionally label. I expect NU to win the division and win the championship but would still be happy with the year if they played the best they could every game. It really isn't about winning always with me in football.

Lets not go the personal route....because I'm thinking what you meant here was not real nice.....

Thnx,

RR
Really? Look, it's getting old for HM to allow some posters to get personal...then, come in like the referee that pretends not to see the punches thrown by one guy but is ready to flag the guy that retaliates with a push. If you think THAT was a personal attack...this board is full of very sensitive guys (make up your own nice term for them).
my original comment wasn't a personal attack. It was a factual statistical truth. There are hundreds of threads started every week and no matter what the subject matter is, you find a way to throw in your disdain for Bo. Thus you are a one trick pony. I started a thread called one hit wonders In the perpetual threads section and I even honored you over there by listing your handle in the the thread. Don't hate. Just embrace your destiny.

my original comment wasn't a personal attack. It was a factual statistical truth. There are hundreds of threads started every week and no matter what the subject matter is, you find a way to throw in your disdain for Bo. Thus you are a one trick pony. I started a thread called one hit wonders In the perpetual threads section and I even honored you over there by listing your handle in the the thread. Don't hate. Just embrace your destiny.
That comment was clearly an unprovoked insult you launched my way which the moderator chose to ignore. My subsequent comment was certainly more accurate without the need to insult, yet they come out to protect you as though you were a child. Hmmm...yeah, on second thought, good job mods!

PS-You are not my friend and could never be my friend...don't be hurt, I'm very selective.

Last edited:
I voted for the last, but would rather see the B1G CC be at around 50%. The polls......eh. You win and that takes care of itself, kinda like NC's. There is cause for concern here, but not doom and gloom. It's obvious watching this team since Bo took the whistle that he literally learned (and still is learning) how to be a head coach on our dime. Fine. It's over and done with for the most part and the mistakes he and his staff (also mistakes since he picked them) made have come to roost this fall. The issue of the horrid offense early in his career has been resolved. I still don't think Beck knows exactly what he wants this team to be, but I do think some of that might be out of fear of where the next TM shot put throw will end up. On the defensive side of the ball....well, what can you say? Screw up enough over five years on the recruiting/development fronts and you end up with kids with no experience learning how to play at this level on the field...just like their coach did. I'm not happy with the progression of the team to this point, but I believe progress in the right direction will be made from here. If not.....no excuses. Bo needs to win a B1G championship and be pushing the envelope for NC in the next two years or he needs to move on.

Living in Iowa I can tell you Iowa State and Iowa fans set the bar a lot lower than we GBR fans do. Read in the Gazette this fall Iowa State was trying for second winning season in last 10 years or so. The way they stated it that was an accomplishment. They have gone to a bowl the past two years but finished 6-7 both years. However, I think if they just go to a bowl many of their fans are content. Although Mac McCarney came close to winning the division a couple years and then when they had a bad year he got the axe. Iowa fans expect more but overall the majority I feel just want to be competitive and would be satisfied with a 8-5 season as long as they were competitive winning a game here or there they were not expected to win. Ferentz has been feeling pressure as of late but that stems from a 4-8 season.

That comment was clearly an unprovoked insult you launched my way which the moderator chose to ignore. My subsequent comment was certainly more accurate without the need to insult, yet they come out to protect you as though you were a child. Hmmm...yeah, on second thought, good job mods!

PS-You are not my friend and could never be my friend...don't be hurt, I'm very selective.
I do not lie. Try proving me wrong through your actions. Try having a take other than Bo sucks. Until then, the "one trick pony" moniker fits you well. maybe shorten it up with something stylish like 1TP. I will be on the lookout for a new avatar for you as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back