• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ESPN's Early Preseason Top 25 for 2014 Features Four Big Ten Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
THe process shows to be working...just not in the direction BO envisioned

To be fair it's all about where you finish...

FINAL SEASON RANKING
2010: 20
2011: 24
2012: 25
2013: NR

I don't mean to drag things down, but I just want to exceed expectations, once. And fwiw, I get that it happened in 2008 and 2009...

Not really sure what you are getting at here. My post was to the point that nationally people used to give us the benefit of the doubt that we are going to be relevant and playing top-tier football, like they are doing with Florida...

NEBRASKA PRESEASON RANKING:
2010: 8
2011: 10
2012: 17
2013: 18
2014: Most likely not ranked...

See a pattern? Preseason rankings do not matter, at all. But nationally people are losing faith at the beginning of the season that Nebraska will be nationally relevant (top 25). It was a lot more fun talking about how irrelevant preseason rankings were when we were included in them. Now we have to cut them down because we are left out...

Yep.

And that's also because (as mentioned previously many times), season after season we finish lower than our preseason ranking. The boy has cried wolf one too many times.

As I said in my OP, it's a perception issue. It's not a matter of whether this preseason poll is accurate or not. Those who support Bo still give him the benefit of the doubt. The rest (a large percentage of the Nebraska fan base, and most on a national level) have growing doubts -- and are very much in the "I'll believe it when I see it," frame of mind.

Yep.

And that's also because (as mentioned previously many times), season after season we finish lower than our preseason ranking. The boy has cried wolf one too many times.

As I said in my OP, it's a perception issue. It's not a matter of whether this preseason poll is accurate or not. Those who support Bo still give him the benefit of the doubt. The rest (a large percentage of the Nebraska fan base, and most on a national level) have growing doubts -- and are very much in the "I'll believe it when I see it," frame of mind.

I've been in that frame of mind for a while now...
I dont care if BO many times looks like the 2nd coming of Linda blair in the exorcist.
I just want to watch the team play 60 mins of good fundamental football.

The only preseason poll I really care the Huskers are not on:

full%20pole.jpg83edb69c-3002-49e0-a7c1-8102cd3443e5Large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back