• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ESPN's Early Preseason Top 25 for 2014 Features Four Big Ten Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESPN almost cracked my early preseason top 100 sources of sports information for 2014 but was barely edged out by Steve the Fat Guy who Works Weekends at Orange Julius.

They have a lot to prove to me and Steve has been too reliable for way too long...(plus he makes a mean strawberry banana smoothie)

Maybe next year ESPN...

Last edited:
ESPN almost cracked my early preseason top 100 sources of sports information for 2014 but was barely edged out by Steve the Fat Guy who Works Weekends at Orange Julius.

They have a lot to prove to me and Steve has been too reliable for way too long...(plus he makes a mean strawberry banana smoothie)

Maybe next year ESPN...

You should wait for the AP to come out next season. They always overestimate how well Nebraska will do but it will be more in line on what you want to hear.

Maybe next year ESPN...

Good stuff right there! :thumbsup:

For as much as preseason polls don't matter, and I agree, it sure sucks starting to be left off of them. 2014 against Florida Atlantic will most likely be the first opening game that we won't have a number next to our name when they show the previews/scores since 2008, but at least we are winning nine games per year.

For as much as preseason polls don't matter, and I agree, it sure sucks starting to be left off of them. 2014 against Florida Atlantic will most likely be the first opening game that we won't have a number next to our name when they show the previews/scores since 2008, but at least we are winning nine games per year.

I think we are a top 25 team with the defense improving as it is. If we aren't, I am not sure how much patience will be legitimate any longer.

That's correct. Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable.

So if one has legitimate concerns, he needs to not discuss them but if another thinks things are going to be great, he is welcome to express those feelings all he wants?

Yes, a rose colored circle jerk makes me feel uncomfortable.

FWIW, I think they'll do better than their poll projections for next season. Hope that doesn't hurt your feelings.

Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. In fact, I'm happy that you think that. I agree with you.

I'm also not hurt by a January "poll" that doesn't include Nebraska. I don't expect people putting together such early Top 25 lists to spend a whole lot of time looking closely at most teams, least of all one that finished around 25th.

Nebraska is in the same boat as any other team in a major conference. Win all your games, and it doesn't really matter where you start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back