• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ESPN's Early Preseason Top 25 for 2014 Features Four Big Ten Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

So if one has legitimate concerns, he needs to not discuss them but if another thinks things are going to be great, he is welcome to express those feelings all he wants?

Yes, a rose colored circle jerk makes me feel uncomfortable.

If that's how you want to look at it.

Welcome to the twilight zone, Georgia is ranked 11th yet we having beat them are not. So much for the bowls sytem. Note that Bama is laid claim onto one of the playoff slots already and OU is not. Not alot of credibility here.

Welcome to the twilight zone, Georgia is ranked 11th yet we having beat them are not. So much for the bowls sytem. Note that Bama is laid claim onto one of the playoff slots already and OU is not. Not alot of credibility here.

What do results in 2013 have to do with 2014?

Last edited:

duhhhhhhh? your kidding right?

No I am not. So you are saying that Minnesota and Iowa should be ahead of Nebraska solely based on the fact that they beat us in 2013? Despite the fact that every team is different in 2014. Makes perfect sense.:rolleyes:

No I am not. So you are saying that Minnesota and Iowa should be ahead of Nebraska solely based on the fact that they beat us in 2013? Despite the fact that every team is different in 2014. Makes perfect sense.:rolleyes:

Whatever..........:popcorn:

For as much as preseason polls don't matter, and I agree, it sure sucks starting to be left off of them. 2014 against Florida Atlantic will most likely be the first opening game that we won't have a number next to our name when they show the previews/scores since 2008, but at least we are winning nine games per year.

I know right?! We should have went 4-8 like Florida to lock up that 25th spot!

I know right?! We should have went 4-8 like Florida to lock up that 25th spot!

Not really sure what you are getting at here. My post was to the point that nationally people used to give us the benefit of the doubt that we are going to be relevant and playing top-tier football, like they are doing with Florida...

NEBRASKA PRESEASON RANKING:
2010: 8
2011: 10
2012: 17
2013: 18
2014: Most likely not ranked...

See a pattern? Preseason rankings do not matter, at all. But nationally people are losing faith at the beginning of the season that Nebraska will be nationally relevant (top 25). It was a lot more fun talking about how irrelevant preseason rankings were when we were included in them. Now we have to cut them down because we are left out...

Last edited:

Not really sure what you are getting at here. My post was to the point that nationally people used to give us the benefit of the doubt that we are going to be relevant and playing top-tier football, like they are doing with Florida...

NEBRASKA PRESEASON RANKING:
2010: 8
2011: 10
2012: 17
2013: 18
2014: Most likely not ranked...

See a pattern? Preseason rankings do not matter, at all. But nationally people are losing faith at the beginning of the season that Nebraska will be nationally relevant (top 25).

THe process shows to be working...just not in the direction BO envisioned

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back