• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked ESPN story on the Big 10 in bowl games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha.

Ok, the grand finale!
2007 stats
B1G played 5 ranked teams, with a 70-30 record for all opponents.
Big 12 played 6 ranked teams, with a 70-27 record for all opponents.
B1G went 3-5, Big 12 went 5-3.

So, we can say that 2011, 2010, and 2009 are all in favor of the B1G having a tougher bowl lineup, with 2008 and 2007 being a wash.

Also, the B1G has had 10 BCS bowl participants since 2007, while the Big 12 has had 7, which goes back to the thought the B1G has a tougher bowl lineup.

Thanks for the info Porkchop.

So far this bowl season the B12 is 2-0 (Mizzou and Texas) and the B1G is 1-0 (Purdue)

Thanks for the info Porkchop.

No problem. I found it pretty interesting. Despite the fact the B1G plays a MAC team in a bowl game, that MAC team usually has a pretty decent record, sometimes up to 9 wins. One could argue playing a top MAC school is better than playing the 5th or 6th selection from the Pac-12 (like Illinois playing a 6-7 UCLA team).

Sooner 24 is probably a bit overconfident as the perennial Preseason National Champions are playing an unranked team in a lower tier bowl...

The way the Big 12 is looking these days, the bowl tie ins may want to reconsider and replace the top 3 or 4 Big 12 teams with Mountain West teams or MAC teams

Last edited:

Sooner 24 is probably a bit overconfident as the perennial Preseason National Champions are playing an unranked team in a lower tier bowl...

Coming from a guy who's team hasn't won even a conference title in this century I'm sure your confidence is pretty low. :(

Coming from a guy who's team hasn't won even a conference title in this century I'm sure your confidence is pretty low. :(

I'm just glad you guys finally found a coach that can win without cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back