• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Eichorst Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight, I would have liked to have seen it play out as well.

A. No Callahan

B. Solich would have continued to be a .500 coach here and while some would still ignore him being over his head, it would be even more obvious to the rest.
well there's no question he would've have done better than Callahan and more importantly continued a culture that was second to none. As far as being in over his head,he was close to it for a very long time. I'm sure he understood the expectations

well there's no question he would've have done better than Callahan and more importantly continued a culture that was second to none. As far as being in over his head,he was close to it for a very long time. I'm sure he understood the expectations
Well, many would have been more comfortable with Solich's failures over Callahan's, you are right about that. 7-7 still sucks no matter how groovy the culture is.

I don't think he was trying to destroy the University, and pathetic is so over hyperbole.

The way and the methods he used to get rid of Bo were underhanded and pretty dark.

If they were underhanded then why don't you shed light on these means and methods? Air them out for all to see.

"LOL" to the first paragraph.

Perlman is awful. An almost unmitigated disaster of a leader. Unethical, slimy and unlikable to all but a fragment of sycophants who maybe took a class by him.

And he spent a lot of his career away from NU, too. Let's not pretend he's a Nebraska guy.

Look, I understand that you're incapable of measuring another human being by any metric other than whether they share your creepy obsession with the triple option. So your pathetic and inaccurate assessment of HP makes sense because you're a very simple person to understand.

But HP was born and raised in Nebraska. He's spent more than 40 years on the faculty at Nebraska, and he continues to serve to this day. He had only a brief hiatus at the University of Virginia. You're not a "Nebraska guy." He is.

I'm not aware of this story.

Do you have a link?

And you could stand to dial it back a notch - no where have I said Alberts it he right guy, and if what you're saying is accurate, I'd have concerns.
UNO won several NCAA division II national wrestling championships. They won their last one at the time Alberts had made the decision to eliminate the program. The coach was notified about the program being terminated while he, and the team, were still at the National tournament venue. It has been several years since that happened, but it did happen.

Look, I understand that you're incapable of measuring another human being by any metric other than whether they share your creepy obsession with the triple option. So your pathetic and inaccurate assessment of HP makes sense because you're a very simple person to understand.

But HP was born and raised in Nebraska. He's spent more than 40 years on the faculty at Nebraska, and he continues to serve to this day. He had only a brief hiatus at the University of Virginia. You're not a "Nebraska guy." He is.

Personal attacks aside, I'll say you don't have the first clue about my opinions.

I'm glad you were stripped of your mod status because your attacks are completely out of line.

Perlman cares about Perlman first and foremost. And hated TO for making football "bigger than the university."

The next CERTAIN loss will be Wisconsin....then we can all jump around with excitement :Cheer2:
tenor.gif

Personal attacks aside, I'll say you don't have the first clue about my opinions.

I'm glad you were stripped of your mod status because your attacks are completely out of line.

Perlman cares about Perlman first and foremost. And hated TO for making football "bigger than the university."

I wasn't stripped of my mod status, I stepped down, in large part because dealing with people such as yourself is tiresome and annoying.

I agree. I try to error on being sure of things, before conference play firing the AD is bold. They must have seen enough.

I'll tell you this much, B1G and booster money goes a longgggg way.[/QUOTE]

I agree in terms of paying off Eichorst's contract. However, we need to have a wait and see attitude on who is actually hired to see if they are actually willing to use the new B1G money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back