• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dylan Raiola

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not going to derail this thread, but Lincoln Riley is a douche and of all the "Heisman" qb production results in what in the NFL? A broken Kyler Murray, a transient Baker Mayfield, a potential in Jalen Hurts that more than likely learned more at Alabama. I don't think Dom is going to let his son be around someone like Riley, especially after the theatrics with Oklahoma. BTW did USC win the PAC or their bowl game with the supposed Heisman winner?

I don't think it's that deep. Kyler was a #1 overall pick. Baker Mayfield was a #1 overall pick. Jalen Hurts was a 2nd round pick. Caleb Williams will likely be the #1 overall pick. All of those guys have made or will make generational money just by winning the Heisman and/or playing for Riley before moving onto the NFL. No other coach can make that claim for multiple QBs right now. I don't mean to be a downer on the topic; just refuting your point because Lincoln Riley absolutely carries weight in any QBs living room he walks into.

Now... all that to say, he just signed a T10 player in the country in Malachi Nelson. Riley **typically** goes after a stud QB every other year. He'll chase Dylan because, well, who wouldn't? But they will have a crowded depth chart by the time Raiola is a freshman.

Anyone else find it interesting he changed his Twitter photo again? I know it was for a specific reason why he had the Georgia photo, it’s just interesting to me.

March. So about 6 more weeks give or take 2 weeks.

Personally if I were him I would go to USC. Riley has 2 (3?) heisman QB's under his belt. The guy can clearly coach QB's. Sure GA is great but he's not promised to start, even if he wins the NC he's just another QB to have won there right now.

I think NU appeals to that "I can be THE guy that brings Nebraska back" mentality. You look at recruiting and Rhule is killing it. You can safely commit in March and if by November Rhule can't back it up, you decommit and move on to USC/GA. They'll both still take you. If Rhule looks like he's doing well you start to think they may just be a QB away from going to the playoffs in a year or two.
Why commit in March if you are doing it with the understanding that you can de-commit in November? Just wait until you are firmly ready.

Why commit in March if you are doing it with the understanding that you can de-commit in November? Just wait until you are firmly ready.
Because you plan to peer recruit for that school. I think the bigger anomaly was him decommitting from OSU. The Raiolas all along said, "When he commits its over." Turned out that wasn't true, but I think the mentality hasn't changed.

Because you plan to peer recruit for that school. I think the bigger anomaly was him decommitting from OSU. The Raiolas all along said, "When he commits its over." Turned out that wasn't true, but I think the mentality hasn't changed.

Yup

I'm still blown away by this recruiting energy and teamwork of this staff. I don't think I've ever seen it to this level in Lincoln.

Sure, what will ultimately matter is the product on the field -- but everything Rhule and staff have done to this point earns the highest of praise from me.

Think about it -- Matt Rhule only had six weeks off between gigs. Snapped his fingers, boom, college mode.

They are working their asses off to make us proud to be Husker fans again.

:mr2:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back